Stolen content

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
It's the day before Thanksgiving, so I'm feeling even more lazy than normal. My man Neal had this up on his website tho, and I thought it was interesting discussion fodder.

WOW! ISN'T THIS DRUG WAR GREAT!

Atlanta went to a home on Neal Street in Atlanta last evening to execute a search warrant. When they kicked the door in the only occupant of the home, a 92-year-old woman, started shooting. She hit all three police officers. One in the thigh, one in the arm and another in the shoulder. All police officers will be OK. The woman will not. She was shot and killed by the police.

I'm not blaming the cops here. Not at all. They had a valid search warrant, and they say they were at the right address. Shots were fired, three cops hit, and they returned fire. A 91-year-old woman who was so afraid of crime in her neighborhood that she had burglar bars on every door and window, is now dead.

The blame lies on this idiotic drug war we're waging. We have all the studies we need, all of the comprehensive data is in. We can do a much more effective job of reducing drug use in this country if we'll just take a portion of this money we spend for law enforcement and spend it on treatment programs. A Rand study showed that we can reduce illicit drug usage in this country a specified amount through treatment programs at about 10% of the cost of reducing drug usage by that same amount through criminalization and law enforcement.

There's just something in the American psyche that demands that drug users be punished instead of treated and rehabilitated. We think they're stupid and ignorant for getting mixed up with those drugs in the first place. And you know what? We're right? But look at the messages we send to our children every single day with cigarettes, alcohol, and an endless stream of drug ads on television and in magazines. Drug culture? You bet we have a drug culture! "Ask your doctor about Noassitol!"

The dude is a douche, but I agree with the rant. I'm certain they were at the wrong address, as that happens more regularly than we might think, but they will surely cover that up. Too bad the old bag didn't take out a couple of em.

The dude is a douche, but I agree with the rant. I'm certain they were at the wrong address, as that happens more regularly than we might think, but they will surely cover that up. Too bad the old bag didn't take out a couple of em.

A douche?! You think he's a douche?!! Well..... he is a douche a lot of the time. But his talking points can be pretty stimulating. His final comment was dead on tho. I couldn't even tell you how many drug commericals I've seen in my life, but they are far more irratating to me than some of the anti-drug commericals I've seen.

There's just something in the American psyche that demands that drug users be punished instead of treated and rehabilitated. We think they're stupid and ignorant for getting mixed up with those drugs in the first place. And you know what? We're right? But look at the messages we send to our children every single day with cigarettes, alcohol, and an endless stream of drug ads on television and in magazines. Drug culture? You bet we have a drug culture! "Ask your doctor about Noassitol!"

That's a small part of it, IMO it mainly has to do with creating jobs for otherwise useless people

I'm sure they had to. Maybe they were a little too short with it, as to maintain the element of suprise with the raid. But she was a paranoid 92 year old woman with a gun. We all know how deadly old people are with a set of car keys, much less with guns.

Yea, I'll probably have to take Knyte's guns away from him before he hits 70.

I'm fine with organizing treatment programs, but taking the money from law enforcement is not the way to do it.

From what I thought I read at 6am this morning they were not in uniform (most narcs aren't anyways) and didn't wait for the door to be answered before kicking it down.

I would imagine the narcs wouldn't knock, say they're the police and give the alleged drug dealer time to flush their drugs away, they'd have to act fairly quickly.

I'm sorry, there is no justification for any of this and I hope the entire police department is sued and prosecuted into the gutter. When police intelligence is incorrect and they kick in the door of a house they don't belong at, and the owner of that house opens fire in self defense and fear, and the cops can SEE they are being shot at by a 92 year old woman, there is no excuse for returning fire and killing that person. None. You duck, seek cover, and get the hell out.

But they should never have been in that situation in the first place, and it's just not okay. This is why I'm a Libertarian, honestly. This country has far too much invasive government policy, and people are too goddamn stupid and error-prone for that sort of structure.

Peace officers should not be playing espionage and paramilitary games. They shouldn't be kicking in doors like soldiers on a rampage. There is no excuse for intelligence to go that awry, and if your justification is that humans make mistakes and sometimes this will happen then the entire program should be shutdown. Accidentally murdering citizens is not acceptable, regardless what percentage of error you tack onto the situation. Minimal is still far too much.