Stoked

The now ex-wife of a friend of mine went to get her masters in library sciences. When she said it was a two year program, I asked, "How the hell can it take two years to learn the Dewey Decimal System?" I suggested a thesis title along the lines of 'A before Z and 1 before 3: Mastering the Complexities of Shelving.'

I kid, I kid.

Congratulations. Enjoy that campus. It's amazing. I applied there for law school and was blown away by how cool it is.

Its so cool having a smart friend.

Yeah, it's nice to be married to her.

So what is this crazed hippie studying? (What's his ultimate degree plan?)

I'm in a(n) MLA program called Florida Studies. It's an interdisciplinary program which takes a jack of all trades master of none approach with courses in history, geology and political science, among others. In order to be marketable as a professor locally - jobs are hard to come by - I am specializing in local history. I haven't figured out what my focus will be yet for my thesis, but I'm looking at things such as cocaine's influence on the shape of south Florida, wild edibles, public recreational facilities named after murderers, and cultural concentrations in various areas, their musical styles and the effects of such on surrounding cultures. It's all still up in the air. I'm sure this new opportunity will present me with some interesting options.

I'm in a(n) MLA program called Florida Studies. It's an interdisciplinary program which takes a jack of all trades master of none approach with courses in history, geology and political science, among others. In order to be marketable as a professor locally - jobs are hard to come by - I am specializing in local history. I haven't figured out what my focus will be yet for my thesis, but I'm looking at things such as cocaine's influence on the shape of south Florida, wild edibles, public recreational facilities named after murderers, and cultural concentrations in various areas, their musical styles and the effects of such on surrounding cultures. It's all still up in the air. I'm sure this new opportunity will present me with some interesting options.

You are one of the strangest but most interesting people I know. Or e-know. Whatever. :heart:

So yer working on becoming Cliff clavin the professor?
Cheers_cliff.jpg

they still use halon? just don't dump that crap on yourself.
I don't think they're supposed to. We had to pay an obscene amount of money to get rid of ours.

A looooooooooong time ago, a feller in my old company was in the data center when a fire in another part of the building triggered the halon to dump(his manager wouldn't let him leave). He suffered a stroke....could've gotten a buttload in a lawsuit I'm sure but didn't, he just retired this year.

I don't think they're supposed to. We had to pay an obscene amount of money to get rid of ours.

A looooooooooong time ago, a feller in my old company was in the data center when a fire in another part of the building triggered the halon to dump(his manager wouldn't let him leave). He suffered a stroke....could've gotten a buttload in a lawsuit I'm sure but didn't, he just retired this year.

it's somewhat safe outside of the known to cause cancer thing. you still arn't supposed to stay in a room where any fire extinguishing agent is dumped... even the modern safer ones like FM200.