Stock Help

I guess my point is this: If your credit sucks and you've relied on bankruptcy multiple times then you are doing something wrong. Find out what that thing is and stop doing it.

I *was* doing it wrong. I filed for bankruptcy and learned from it. I have something like $30k in revolving credit available to me now, and my outstanding debt to credit cards is something like $300.

And it seemed that your original point was that bad credit destroys your life and that's just totally incorrect.

I *was* doing it wrong. I filed for bankruptcy and learned from it. I have something like $30k in revolving credit available to me now, and my outstanding debt to credit cards is something like $300.

And it seemed that your original point was that bad credit destroys your life and that's just totally incorrect.

I never said bad credit will destroy your life. It simply has the potential to inconvenience the living sh*t out of it. Especially in this country. Loans, employment, credit cards, it all involves credit, more and more every day. Destroying your credit score for a decade is not something you should do willy nilly as a quick financial strategy. If you can avoid it, do so. If you WANT to do it, though, there's nothing I can say to stop you.

In fact, I'd kind of have to say go for it so in ten years we will all have a good example of what did or didn't suck about it. Keep a log, and be completely honest about everything. Be our living history. It could be really interesting.

All silliness aside, I know what Fly is saying. I live on a debit card, period. The once every three years that I need want my credit card (for things like furniture or large car repair bills) doesn't impact me much at all. 99% of the time if I don't have the cash I don't buy the item.

RE is not on the upswing here yet...at least the prices are not reflecting it...there might be a slight uptick in units sold, maybe, but I wouldn't call it an upswing