GAY State of the Union

We should be teaching our kids that a college degree isn't as important as making an honest living.

I've been trying super hard lately to get my son understand that you should be self sufficient and take pride in doing things for yourself. Try to be grateful for any help you get but never assume you will get it. His laziness is just appalling to me at times. I swear it's genetic from his mom. Of course my dad probably said the same thing about me being lazy when I was a kid too. Although my mom has always been a very hard worker like my dad. I think that's because both of their families still had a strong farmer mentality. Lazy farmers back in the day starved.

Last edited:
I've been trying super hard lately to get my son understand that you should be self sufficient and take pride in doing things for yourself. Try to be grateful for any help you get but never assume you will get it. His laziness is just appalling to me at times. I swear it's genetic from his mom. Of course my dad probably said the same thing about me being lazy when I was a kid too. Although my mom has always been a very hard worker like my dad. I think that's because both of their families still had a strong farmer mentality. Lazy farmers back in the day starved.

today lazy farmers get even more money for being lazy and not growing corn

the short answer is no.

the long answer is he wants to freeze spending for 5 years, then outlined 'investments' that should be made.

the rest were bullet points from the list of "things to include in the SOTU speech for Dummies" guide.

Is that anything like him wanting to freeze discretionary funding for three years in last year's SotU speech? :rolleyes:

Wants to increase teachers.
Wants to increase infrastructure.
Wants to increase availability to Internet.
Clean energy supporting America 80% by 2035 (using all methods, not just wind or solar)
Wants to freeze domestic spending for 5 years. Will not sacrifice education for this. Mentioned approx. 12% of the budget that his cuts proposal would affect.
Reinforce UHC.
Reinforce cutting tax breaks for top 3% of wealthy Americans (do it for the good of your country not as a punishment)
Vowed to veto bills with earmarks
Bring troops home beginning in July from Afghanistan
You can be gay and in the military

That all sounds good to me.

Like the dems have between doing on the energy issue for the past thirty years?

We need to go ahead and build a bunch if nuke plants. problem solved. And itd be done by 2020, 15 years ahead of schedule.

YaNo, just because you don't want to hear their solutions doesn't mean they're not being said.;)

After looking at their response, I still only see lies:

"In the end, unless we fully repeal ObamaCare, a nation that currently enjoys the world's best healthcare may be forced to rely on government-run coverage that will have a devastating impact on our national debt for generations to come," Bachmann said.

It's been proven we don't have the worlds best health care.

"For two years President Obama made promises just like the ones we heard him make tonight. Yet still we have high unemployment,
True but it's lower than 2 years ago.
devalued housing prices
It's higher than 2 years ago.
and the cost of gasoline is skyrocketing."
lower or on par to what it was two years ago.

Then their stances -
They want Pro-domestic Employment, yet most Republicans want to continue to run businesses outside of the country.
They want to end deficit spending but increase the size of the largest contributor to our defecit

I want to see their solutions, but after looking at 10 different tea part sites, not a single one offers a solution, just complaints about Obama. Now if you could find one that lists their solutions, I will be more than happy to read it.

Instead of focusing on healthcare for everyone first they should be asking why in the fuck do we have some of the most expensive health care in the world. Especially since typically service sucks everywhere.

It may not be "the" answer to that, but little things add up fast, and my #1 hot button is on frivolous lawsuits.

I totally agree with the frivoulous lawsuits. People that try to file BS should be reprimanded by the courts and made an example of to end that practice fast. The only problem with that is soon after more judges will be getting large donations from corps and valid lawsuits would be squished too.

If you lose your lawsuit, you should have to pay whatever you are sueing for. So if you sue for a million bucks and lose, you have to pay a million. And you can't file another lawsuit until the first is paid off.

Only exception would be class action suits.

Worlds best healthcare my ass.

I pay $803 a month for an individual policy. I was barely able to get that, if there was no HIPPA law I'd be shit out of luck.

Yet when we were in Italy our little trip to the hospital cost us nothing but a quick look at the stamp in our passports.

If you lose your lawsuit, you should have to pay whatever you are sueing for. So if you sue for a million bucks and lose, you have to pay a million. And you can't file another lawsuit until the first is paid off.

Only exception would be class action suits.

There's plenty of dumb shit class action suits too. Lawyers get 90% of the settlement and the so called winners get a coupon for a Big Mac.

I totally agree with the frivolous lawsuits. People that try to file BS should be reprimanded by the courts and made an example of to end that practice fast. The only problem with that is soon after more judges will be getting large donations from corps and valid lawsuits would be squished too.
AND - pricing for procedures will have insurance policies built in to cover what the known risk is lowering the doctors concern for the patient. Further, let's imagine that your procedure went bad and according to the new legal math you can only get a max of $100k because someone else determined that each finger is only worth 100k. The doctor has no incentive to even pay you unless you go to court for the whole thing. The Dr's insurance co can easily say to you, "We'll write you a check for $50k now and settle, or make you hire an atty to sue me for the $100k of which you'll get 70K IF you can prove full damages."

The doctor is only afraid of the lawsuit if he does something wrong. We want that check and balance.

The last thing you want is trying to fight the government on wrongful practices. They have endless resources to bury you.

This plan will cause the exact same amount of whining as people are doing right now about 'oh my oh my, my insurance premiums are too high and coverage too low. someone else should have to take care of me.'

Learn your lesson the first time around.

Worlds best healthcare my ass.

I pay $803 a month for an individual policy. I was barely able to get that, if there was no HIPPA law I'd be shit out of luck.

Yet when we were in Italy our little trip to the hospital cost us nothing but a quick look at the stamp in our passports.

Financially, my wife and I cannot risk having another kid. If she develops Pre-eclampsia, the entire labor and delivery will not be covered.