GAY State of the Union

How would you stop frivolous lawsuits? What language would you include in the bill to restrict it from happening? What issues would you not be able to sue for? What damages would you not be able to seek? It's not a simple issue.

If we want to see meaningful changes we have to start at lobbying. Our unit cost of health care is high because doctors, insurers, hospitals, and a drug manufacturers conspire to keep it that way.

Tort reform will do nothing except widen the profit margins for the groups these lobbyists support. That's why all of the above-mentioned groups are in favor of it -- and there are health care shills in Washington barking the same. It's my guess that none of that savings will be passed down to the consumer.

It hasn't occurred to anyone I guess that if we want to lower health care costs, we are probably better off doing exactly the opposite of what insurers and doctors tell us is the right action to take.

It hasn't occurred to anyone I guess that if we want to lower health care costs, we are probably better off doing exactly the opposite of what insurers and doctors tell us is the right action to take.

The problem with that is that most of us lack the knowledge necessary to make those decisions, and frankly I don't trust WebMD to tell me if what the doctor is saying is correct or not.

The problem with that is that most of us lack the knowledge necessary to make those decisions, and frankly I don't trust WebMD to tell me if what the doctor is saying is correct or not.

I didn't mean self medicating. I meant we might be better off not taking government policy advise from doctors and insurers.