StarCraft

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
My brother in law "recently" picked it up and asked me if I had ever played it. I told him I'd been through it once or twice and enjoyed it, but neglected to mention that I won a small city-based tournament for it back when it was in its prime :fly:. He's setting up a LAN party in the near future with his buddies who are also recent converts, so to get back up to speed I'm currently re-installing it. Should I let the cat out of the bag early or just destroy them when game time comes around?

Anyone have any good SC memories? Was anyone a crazy fanatic about it? I remember playing this game for at least 2 hours a day back when I was teenager and had nothing better to do. It got so bad so that I could pull from memory the stats of most of the units and their associated counters without even pausing for thought.

Anyone interested in a game?

PS - Broodwar still has one of the best opening movies of any game ever, in my opinion.

Meh... Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War and it's followups are the new Starcraft as far as I'm concerned. Besides, I always found it odd how many of the confederation personnel seemed to hail from the southern part of the galaxy.

Keep quiet about your talents until after you've done a few zerg rushes.

I was more of a total annhilation fan myself. I only got into SC for a few weeks after it was already long dead, and that was simply becuase my college roommate had it and wanted to give it a go for awhile.

P.S. you gotta somehow work in the line "I'm in your base killin your dudes"

I install SC every other year or so and go through the campaigns. I always liked that game.

Starcraft is rediculously old school.

Company of Heroes has completely redefined the RTS genre. Everything will have to live up to its example now, and that's going to be damned hard.

Doesn't the genre change differentiate it even a little bit?

Genre has nothing to do with a destrucable environment and highly intelligent AI that reacts to the environment. I tried playing Starcraft the other day after having played Company of Heroes straight through.

I couldn't even stand it.