Thread Stage 5 Clinger v2021

Nah, prosperity gospel is the belief that God rewards people with wealth/power. It's why churches (especially catholic ones) are often built with so much grandeur, to project power and (looted) wealth. The power structure that is the catholic church is quite disgusting. It's also a general undercurrent of our society.

I brought it up because it seems as though a few people here are conflating money with goodness or value.
I thought you referring to the specific prosperity gospel thing where people think if they donate they will be rewarded.

The catholic church is rooted in medieval politics and stuff.

I thought you referring to the specific prosperity gospel thing where people think if they donate they will be rewarded.

The catholic church is rooted in medieval politics and stuff. It's a non-state state actor.

Yeah that's a part of it: if you give (me, god's representative) money as god (who speaks through me) wants then god will reward you. Just a facet of the idea that god rewards the good through money/power. And if that is true then rich/powerful people must necessarily be good to have been so rewarded.

The catholic church is a lot of things and that's not really the point. I just found it absurd that being raised(?) catholic would make you disgusted with prosperity gospel when money/power are the church's primary drive. (Gotta cover up everything lest our power is weakened). But it makes sense if you were only seeing the "give to get more back" aspect.

Last edited:
But yeah Jesus was a radical, anti-authority, SJW, who was quite against the enmeshing of church and state. That's been forgotten about 2000 times over, in the past 2000 years.

But yeah Jesus was a radical, anti-authority, SJW, who was quite against the enmeshing of church and state. That's been forgotten about 2000 times over, in the past 2000 years.
Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's

M22:21

I don't know what wealth has to do with the state though? Are you drunk?

People see Jesus how they want to. *shrug*

Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's

Not drunk just very ragey this week because a bunch of stupid humans (redundant) have been causing me problems irl.

I prefer to be seen as a filthy communist.

More interesting than the rest of this loser thread
but here you are waking up every day ready to park your ass in the loser thread

The Time GIF by This Is Us

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and NukesII
I prefer to be seen as a filthy communist.

"well I don't believe in god, but I'm also not an atheist
because the universe is chaos, but chaos plays favorites
and you know lately I've been thinking about how I love Jesus
because Jesus, he was a dirty homeless hippie peace activist,
and he said, 'drop out and find God' to anybody who would listen
while turning water into space bags,
while turning water into space bags,
while turning water into space bags with lowlifes and anarchists."

"well I don't believe in god, but I'm also not an atheist
because the universe is chaos, but chaos plays favorites
and you know lately I've been thinking about how I love Jesus
because Jesus, he was a dirty homeless hippie peace activist,