Spring Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
fly said:
TAMPA SO THAT CHIKKEN CAN COME.

(He cant go to ATL)

Feds still have his picture up, do they?

I think this thread deserves a sticky for at least little while so we can coordinate!

Alright, so who knows of a good site to sign up for that will watch airplane ticket deals and email them to me?

At the beginning of March we can get to Atlanta at a comparable price to Florida. Has anyone ever flown American Airlines? How did you feel about them. I'm also serious about someone that lives in those places planning a solid get together and dates so I can book tickets while I've convinced Knyte to go on vacation (he hates traveling).

Edit: Or we could all just go on a cruise together somewhere, I'm trying to convince Knyte to take me on one, but since he doesn't particularly like boats and water, that's proving to be difficult. We are living proof that opposites attract.

Last edited:
kiwi said:
At the beginning of March we can get to Atlanta at a comparable price to Florida. Has anyone ever flown American Airlines? How did you feel about them. I'm also serious about someone that lives in those places planning a solid get together and dates so I can book tickets while I've convinced Knyte to go on vacation (he hates traveling).

Edit: Or we could all just go on a cruise together somewhere, I'm trying to convince Knyte to take me on one, but since he doesn't particularly like boats and water, that's proving to be difficult. We are living proof that opposites attract.

I'm not goin' on a gay cruise with these guys.

SpangeMonkee said:
I'm not goin' on a gay cruise with these guys.

I watched Titanic the other night and watched the dude hit the propeller as he fell off the sinking bow of the ship. Screw that crap man, that's now how I'm going out.

Plant explosive on the under side of a cruise ship, sure. Sail on one for a long period of time, NEVER!

djdouchebag said:
"meat is gross"

Get it? I'm a vegitarian!

I'll go away now.

:(

if i was going to make such a broad lifestyle change and stand for something rather dear to my heart, i would at least identify with a group that can spell properly.

kiwi said:

i flew american airlines earlier this year. my flight was delayed several hours because of maintenance problems with the plane. they ended up waiting for another airplane to arrive that they could use. got a free meal out of the whole ordeal. while annoying, at least they didn't pile us onto a flying tincan that would crash and burn and would be the last thing we ever saw before our painful but quick deaths, knowing that the person we were going to visit would forever blame themselves for our untimely demise.

take that as you will, not really an opinion on american airlines, just my experience.

kiwi said:

we flew airtran to atlanta in late september, it was pretty darn cheap. you can sign up for the various booking agents (expedia, orbitz, travelocity, etc) and set preferences to email you when flights to atlanta/tampa go on sale.

the beginning of march is my birfday, that would be a HELL of a way to celebrate my quarter century

kiwi said:

That works for me too. I'd also love to do a cruise, but thats quite a bit more pricey and I'd guess would eliminate quite a few people.

thrawn said:
i flew american airlines earlier this year. my flight was delayed several hours because of maintenance problems with the plane. they ended up waiting for another airplane to arrive that they could use. got a free meal out of the whole ordeal. while annoying, at least they didn't pile us onto a flying tincan that would crash and burn and would be the last thing we ever saw before our painful but quick deaths, knowing that the person we were going to visit would forever blame themselves for our untimely demise.

take that as you will, not really an opinion on american airlines, just my experience.

We had a similar but not as pleasant experience with American Airlines. After we had boarded our plane in the Bahamas they made us sit around for a while before they decided the plane didn't work. So then we got to get off of the plane and stand around on the tarmac for a while. It was really hot. Then we finally got a new plane but when we arrived in Miami we had missed our connecting flight. When we finally figured out who to talk to about this (a process that took about an hour) they tried to blame us for missing our flight. We explained what had happened and they finally reluctantly agreed to take care of us. By this time it was about 12 hours from when we started our journey and we had not eaten in all that time being given no opportunity. So American tells us they are putting us up in a hotel for the night as there are no more flights out that night. They also arranged a shuttle for us to get to the hotel and tell us there will be food there. We arrive and eat what has got to be the worst meal of my life. Even the bagged chips were stale. Then we got to sleep in a literally roach and other bug infested hotel room. We really couldn't even sleep that night. It was awful. Fortunately, the next morning we got to get up at 5:30 AM to catch the only shuttle from the hotel to the airport and then wait around for 2 hours in hopes of getting on the next plane home (Maryland). We did finally get home more than 24 hours after we began our little journey. I will never fly with American Airlines again. They were rude and unhelpful, and if they had only been friendly and apologetic about the situation I would not have been so angry as I am.

fly said:
That works for me too. I'd also love to do a cruise, but thats quite a bit more pricey and I'd guess would eliminate quite a few people.

I have never been on a cruise in my whole life. I really like the cruise idea, but if anyone wants to do that I need to know pretty soon so I can save up money. My parents have given me a trip for Christmas every year, If the don't hate me too much right now, I could ask for a cruise. CAN WE PLAESE MAKE SOME DECISIONS AROUND HERE????? :)

Bubbles said:
I have never been on a cruise in my whole life. I really like the cruise idea, but if anyone wants to do that I need to know pretty soon so I can save up money. My parents have given me a trip for Christmas every year, If the don't hate me too much right now, I could ask for a cruise. CAN WE PLAESE MAKE SOME DECISIONS AROUND HERE????? :)

While a cruise would be fun, it really is out of our price range right now unless it's under $300 and we can drive to the port of departure.

Another option is Las Vegas!!! airfare and hotels are pretty resonable there.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :fly:

lasvegas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.