Spring is coming!!!

lashing like fuck here - standing outside having a feg like something out of schindlers list

would have broke your heart

we switch to our desert cammies with rolled sleeves today since we're officially in the spring/summer season
friday

picture.php

monday

picture.php

I never understood why they make you wear camo when not deployed...it's like wearing a 3 piece suit to the beach :fly:

I never understood why they make you wear camo when not deployed...it's like wearing a 3 piece suit to the beach :fly:

it's considered our working uniform. might as well work in them than in our service uniform and have to dry clean/iron them multiple times a week

Is there an actual memo that gets sent out telling you what to wear? Who decides this?

HQMC dictates the regulations for the entire branch then each command can add other regulations as they see fit. The decision to switch from winter to summer season and vice versa coinciding with DST is standard across the Corps. There are some exceptions (naturally if you're in Iraq in winter you're still going to wear the desert cammies) but in general we all switch together and the word gets passed down through the chain of command.

I was vaguely suggesting there should be something in between

we already have nine main uniforms to worry about plus their variations :p no sense in adding yet another one when cammies work perfectly fine in garrison. army does the same and the navy is even getting their own :fly:

we already have nine main uniforms to worry about plus their variations :p no sense in adding yet another one when cammies work perfectly fine in garrison. army does the same and the navy is even getting their own :fly:

9 uniforms? :wtf:
had no idea