FYI Spotify Family Plan

Architecture was art, until the euro modernist movement.
Urban Federalist buildings erected circa 1910 are a sight to behold.

And don't get me wrong, I like my house, but it's a modern box house- the current equivalent of what a Craftsman was a century ago.

I don't mean to point out the obvious here but it seems like you're not happy with your income negotiations...

Nah, I'm perfectly fine with it. Just pointing out how ridiculous music royalties are by comparing it to other professions.

And hug, arts have a place and are important at some level, but shelter is one of basic needs last I checked.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I know you know i was kidding!
Instead of performing my work for 40 hours a week I should be able to just do one major building and live off the royalties forever. Anything less is stealing or something.

Like I've stated, the idea of records sales making a musician massively rich was only around for 30 or so years before the scam busted. And the real superstars probably wouldn't have noticed if they never got a dime from it because they were busy rolling in the cash from sold out stadiums.

there's a difference between collecting royalties and getting paid for actual album/media sales, which is what piracy directly affects.

Nah, I'm perfectly fine with it. Just pointing out how ridiculous music royalties are by comparing it to other professions.

And hug, arts have a place and are important at some level, but shelter is one of basic needs last I checked.

I think they're as important as any of the basic needs. life without art wouldn't be a society, or a life worth living.

people don't go into your buildings based on how popular your buildings are

and regardless of whether it's going to make anyone "rich" or not, it's their product, which they have created, so why shouldn't they expect to be paid for it?

I mean I know pirates gonna pirate, but just admit that you're doing it because you don't give a crap, don't come up with reasons to justify it to yourself :lol:

you know, i never pirated shit out of cost savings for the most part, i did it because i could click, and have the thing i wanted in 10 minutes. or 10 seconds, or no seconds.
Yeah pirating music has been simple for the last 20 years.

I'm all for supporting creators you know are awesome
I'm all for buying music directly from the artist. These days there is no reason for artists to need record labels or recording associations. They have the technology to create a union of sorts and create and advertise their music on their own terms. When they figure this out, I'll start buying music again.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon