Ontopic Sports thread

It would have been more fun if we had someone with us that knew what to do.

BTW, do you use a Disc Golf app or what is your favorite way to keep score?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have too ways. Depends on how I'm playing. If I'm just playing casual with friends, I just use a +/- of whatever par is. That way you know how much you are over or under. It's easier for me to know how well I did that way.

If I'm playing league or in a tournament, I use udisc. It's free for some features, but the $5/year is reasonable to me to be able to share the score card with people I don't know. It's nice to look at stats too. It has a great smart watch app. I use it on my Fossil Google Wear watch. I don't like having my phone out all the time and this makes it really easy. I also have a small clipboard for keeping paper if need be.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
It would have been more fun if we had someone with us that knew what to do.

BTW, do you use a Disc Golf app or what is your favorite way to keep score?

It's the same as regular golf, you just throw a frisbee in a dangling chain contraption instead of hit a ball in a little hole.
Great way to get outside and have a little fun, don't over think it. It's way better than regular golf.
You won't have pompous assholes riding around in Cadillac carts displaying their piss bottles as if they were some kind of badge of honor for one. Folks are cool with just copping a squat by a tree.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Shhh, don't tell too many people. If it takes off in popularity, big insurance will step in and ruin it, just like every else.

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer
I have too ways. Depends on how I'm playing. If I'm just playing casual with friends, I just use a +/- of whatever par is. That way you know how much you are over or under. It's easier for me to know how well I did that way.

If I'm playing league or in a tournament, I use udisc. It's free for some features, but the $5/year is reasonable to me to be able to share the score card with people I don't know. It's nice to look at stats too. It has a great smart watch app. I use it on my Fossil Google Wear watch. I don't like having my phone out all the time and this makes it really easy. I also have a small clipboard for keeping paper if need be.
Ah, that's what we downloaded yesterday and bought the pro version. Did not know about the smart watch feature. Ill definitely check that out. Thx.

It's the same as regular golf, you just throw a frisbee in a dangling chain contraption instead of hit a ball in a little hole.
Great way to get outside and have a little fun, don't over think it. It's way better than regular golf.
You won't have pompous assholes riding around in Cadillac carts displaying their piss bottles as if they were some kind of badge of honor for one. Folks are cool with just copping a squat by a tree.
You're overthinking it.

Looks like Danny Ric has a decent car under him this year, @OzSTEEZ

Be interesting to see what happens once the Mercs stop sandbagging.
Max made a statement with that pole position. Almost 4 tenths on Hamilton is impressive. I really hope Red Bull can make this season entertaining and challenge for the two titles. Give Perez 3 or 4 races to acclimate to the car, then watch him start to fight for wins.

Lando and Danny have a good car. I'm hoping McLaren can translate this forward momentum into next years regs, and also challenge for titles. The sport would be alive again if this happens.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Max made a statement with that pole position. Almost 4 tenths on Hamilton is impressive. I really hope Red Bull can make this season entertaining and challenge for the two titles. Give Perez 3 or 4 races to acclimate to the car, then watch him start to fight for wins.

Lando and Danny have a good car. I'm hoping McLaren can translate this forward momentum into next years regs, and also challenge for titles. The sport would be alive again if this happens.
It was a good fight, though the whole "let's start enforcing track limits at 4 now that Sir Lewis pushed Max off there" thing pissed me off.

Poor Alonso wouldn't have any luck if it wasn't bad.

Surprised as hell to see Lando come ahead of Ricciardo, too.

It was a good fight, though the whole "let's start enforcing track limits at 4 now that Sir Lewis pushed Max off there" thing pissed me off.

Poor Alonso wouldn't have any luck if it wasn't bad.

Surprised as hell to see Lando come ahead of Ricciardo, too.
There's always been 2 sets of rules. One for Hamilton, and one for the rest.

Lando ain't no slouch. Ricciardo will take a few races to get settled in the car. He did the same at Red Bull and Renault.

Alpine are probably focused on next year's car, like many other teams. This year won't be all that exciting for them.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I'm supposed to believe that culture comes from a game invented by the Scots?

They're like the Alabama of the UK.
Sam Heughan Dancing GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
The Cleveland Indians announced today they will be changing their name to the Cleveland Gaurdians after the 2021 season. Some people are losing their shit over it. They could call themselves the Cleveland Tampons for all I care, just win me a damn World Series!

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
The Cleveland Indians announced today they will be changing their name to the Cleveland Gaurdians after the 2021 season. Some people are losing their shit over it. They could call themselves the Cleveland Tampons for all I care, just win me a damn World Series!
They should have gone all in and changed their name to "The Steamers".