Ontopic Sports thread

Cheating in baseball has happened forever, probably even before baseball was a thing. Yes, they figured out how to cheat while developing the game itself. Duh

Now everyone is shocked someone dragged tech into cheating. Also duh

As long as humans are fuckers and involved, there will be cheating.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
The Betts trade is on hold.
One of the players involved has a questionable medical history. But I bet it also has something to do with the backlash the Sox got for trying this in the first place. This isn't the guy you trade and then tell your fan base you're still all in on the upcoming season.

Been checking out the XFL.

The nfl should adopt some of these rules and procedures.

I saw a few minutes of a game Saturday. They were reviewing a hit in which a guy damn near got his face torn off. “Picture perfect hit” is how it was described. I dunno. Seemed like Murderball.

Been checking out the XFL.

The nfl should adopt some of these rules and procedures.
Will never happen, but it seemed interesting.

The Tampa Bay Striking Vipers :lol:+++++++

1581356320723.png

CqEM3E2.png

I think its got a bit out of proportion
I mean, the patriots had been caught red-handed cheating multiple time, and never were forced to publicly apologize or give back trophies

but Im not a baseball guy, so i dont have any emotional investment in any of this

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
maybe relinquish their world series victory and we can talk forgiveness. they should all be banned for life - this is worse than Pete Rose.

And as much as I hate to say it. Same for the Sox if this investigation reveals they did the same.