Ontopic Sports thread

When one of the guys that knows more about this than I can take a second to chime in, please inform me why Tiger Woods is such a heated piece of shit here. As far as I know, he cheated on his spouse (a lot) and had substance abuse issues. The incidents with his wife happened 10 years ago. Lots of people have substance abuse issues and are heralded as being brave etc if they clean up, yet TW is a piece of shit.

Thanks in advance.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
When one of the guys that knows more about this than I can take a second to chime in, please inform me why Tiger Woods is such a heated piece of shit here. As far as I know, he cheated on his spouse (a lot) and had substance abuse issues. The incidents with his wife happened 10 years ago. Lots of people have substance abuse issues and are heralded as being brave etc if they clean up, yet TW is a piece of shit.

Thanks in advance.

probably because he's half black.

or they were enjoying their schadenfreude

or they're jealous that they can't snag a Perkins waitress to bang

Thanks in advance.

Did he even have an actual substance abuse thing going on?
I thought they were calling the philandering an "addiction", ie: quack diagnosis so he'd have something to blame other than himself.

I don't think people would care much if he was single. He was just held up as this super awesome, larger than life person, hero of the sport, clean image, kids want to be like tiger woods, etc. and it turned out he was just a garden variety loser.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Did he even have an actual substance abuse thing going on?
I thought they were calling the philandering an "addiction", ie: quack diagnosis so he'd have something to blame other than himself.

I don't think people would care much if he was single. He was just held up as this super awesome, larger than life person, hero of the sport, clean image, kids want to be like tiger woods, etc. and it turned out he was just a garden variety loser.

Oh, you mean a normal human with flaws.

I believe he had an addiction to painkillers as well as a sex addiction.

Sex addiction is a funny thing to make fun of unless you can’t hold a job because your brain tells you to beat off fifty times a day.

You know me, I like to make fun of everything even if there is a serious side to what’s being made fun of. I know the best pedo jokes. I find infanticide funny if done right. But I also cheer when people overcome certain frailties and flaws that hold them back and TW did just that.

The higher you are, the further the fall, the harder to return.

Gravied for responding, holding nose at “garden variety loser”.

Not cheating on your spouse is not some difficult thing to accomplish. Average, flawed people do it every day. All you have to do is keep your pants on. Assuming they were on when you left the house all you have to do is nothing. Doing nothing is pretty easy.

I think it was the marketing image of being built up as some super great whole person instead of just being a great golfer that was probably not so great in other aspects of life.

That kind of image building happens all the time with famous people. Gotta be careful making heroes out of mere mortals.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Not cheating on your spouse is not some difficult thing to accomplish. Average, flawed people do it every day. All you have to do is keep your pants on. Assuming they were on when you left the house all you have to do is nothing. Doing nothing is pretty easy.

I think it was the marketing image of being built up as some super great whole person instead of just being a great golfer that was probably not so great in other aspects of life.

That kind of image building happens all the time with famous people. Gotta be careful making heroes out of mere mortals.

I also have to wonder who does the image building? Yes, he allowed it, but who wouldn’t at age 20 whatever when he got huge?

We did it. Nike did it. Just did it.

Hey now

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I also have to wonder who does the image building? Yes, he allowed it, but who wouldn’t at age 20 whatever when he got huge?

We did it. Nike did it. Just did it.

Hey now

Yep. I bet he was surrounded by people telling him he was the greatest thing since sliced bread and could do no wrong and after hearing it enough he started to believe it.

Everyone was throwing cash and pussy at him trying to get a piece of the fame.

Yep. I bet he was surrounded by people telling him he was the greatest thing since sliced bread and could do no wrong and after hearing it enough he started to believe it.

Everyone was throwing cash and pussy at him trying to get a piece of the fame.

Yep. 'use your image for . . .'

He's not bad. Just public. He came back from a big, public, fall.

@fly this thread and the R.I.P. thread no longer show up on my feed. The only way I can enter these two threads is
1) if the most recent post is in one of these two threads and shows up in "most recent post"
Or
2) I perform a search which takes me through everything ever posted using the words sport or R.I.P.
Its either an annoying glitch, or a super fun practical joke.
Hahahahahahahaha!
Thats funny.

I kind of wonder if he'll even see the answer. Am I on ignore as well?
No your not. Thanks for the info, Hips provided it to me via PM.
Very glitchy software... But it will have to suffice, I don't engage with the two people I have on ignore due to their inability to not involve my (under 18) family members in their hateful diatribe.