Ontopic Sports thread

Daley? Doubt you will see him in the UFC ever again. Besides the cheap shot on Kos, he's been mediocre at best lately.

I would like to see them add John "Gypsy Jiu-Jitsu" Maguire. He's entertaining to watch.

I can't believe the Kings were able to finish it out and get the cup. What's the matter Candada are you guys allergic to bringing the cup home?

apparently yes. 4 of the 6 canadian teams have been to the finals in the last 10 years, none have won it since the Canadians in 93

apparently yes. 4 of the 6 canadian teams have been to the finals in the last 10 years, none have won it since the Canadians in 93

attachment.php

Last edited:
The BCS commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick on Wednesday endorsed a seeded four-team playoff model for college football that would begin for the 2014 season.

The commissioners' consensus must be approved by the BCS presidential oversight committee, which meets June 26 in Washington, D.C. If approved, the four-team playoff would replace the current BCS system, which has been in place since 1998.

Sources told ESPN.com that under the recommended model, four participating teams would be selected by a committee, which would consider certain criteria such as conference championships and strength of schedule.

The two national semifinal games would be played within the existing BCS bowl games (Fiesta, Orange, Rose and Sugar) on a rotating basis, with the host sites being predetermined before each season. The national championship game would be offered to the highest bidding city.

Last edited:
Fedor officially retired. I wish I could have seen him fight the top UFC heavy weights to really gauge him but it was fun watching him fight anyway.

Fedor officially retired. I wish I could have seen him fight the top UFC heavy weights to really gauge him but it was fun watching him fight anyway.

Greatest MMA heavyweight ever. I don't really care that he didn't transition to the UFC as his prime was in the Pride era.

And now we'll have to hear that he couldn't win it without Wade or Bosh (a la Shaq without Kobe or Wade)

I doubt it will be as much of that since Wade didn't really do a thing during the series. It also helps that Lebron had so many games over 30 points.