Ontopic Sports thread

What a douche move. I guess he now owns anything related to Jesus even if it doesn't have his name on it.

Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow is taking legal action against a company selling T-shirts featuring the words "MY Jesus" in a design similar to the "NY Jets" logo, TMZ reported Wednesday, citing a cease-and-desist letter from his lawyers.

In a letter sent last month, lawyers for Tebow demanded that Cubby Tees stop selling the T-shirts -- which the company admits were produced to reference Tebow's strong Christian faith -- because they give the impression their client endorses the product.

Cubby Tees bosses told TMZ they will not back down, saying the T-shirt design "shares nothing with Mr. Tebow except for promotion of a common Lord and Savior."

On its website, the company says the T-shirt's "fun design is not officially endorsed by New York's backup quarterback or the Son of God, but plays off the themes of Tebow's faith and his new team -- borrowing from the J-E-T-S to promote J-E-S-U-S, with a fish for a football, and "MY" replacing "NY" with a color scheme that will be familiar to Jets fans."

The T-shirts are still for sale on the company's website.

151f7807b7ff34bbd5922f09b3b36595.jpg

I hope they do. It would be complete BS if they didn't. They are not using his name as an endorsement and know where on the shirt does it have anything relating to him name.

I know most of you don't care but the NBA playoffs are fantastic this year. The Spurs and OKC are just giving it to everyone they play. And even though I hate the teams left in the NHL playoffs I can't stop watching the games.

I know most of you don't care but the NBA playoffs are fantastic this year. The Spurs and OKC are just giving it to everyone they play. And even though I hate the teams left in the NHL playoffs I can't stop watching the games.

Just somewhat glad to see Miami and LA struggling.

An actress in the Broadway production of "Rock of Ages" said she was asked to remove a Twitter photo that featured Tim Tebow posing with scantily clad performers.

Neka Zhang (left) and some castmates posed for a group photo with the New York Jets quarterback backstage at a recent performance. She told TMZ that she posted the picture above to Twitter but didn't leave it up for long.

"Well, Due to Tebow's 'image' I was asked to remove the pic of him with us half dressed ladies," she tweeted. "He does know we arn't [sic] real strippers right?"

Both the picture and the subsequent tweet were removed by Monday morning.

It seems strange Tebow would object to a photo of him with women wearing bikinis. And a quick search reveals at least seven such pictures on the Internet and all of them feature younger, less-dressed women and no older Carmen Mirenda look-alike. Not only that, but Tebow goes around shirtless like he's in a Matthew McConaughey movie. Judge not, that ye be not judged, right?

0520-tim-teebow-girls-1.jpg