Ontopic Sports thread

And he was made to look even more like a bitch in that fight.
Just proves he got luckily with Aldo and rode his own hype wave the rest of the way. He’s a prime example why I lost most interest in MMA. Not him specifically but how they started booking fights off of hype and made up BS vs who actually deserved the fight. It went from a legitimate sport with real fucking sponsors and real TV time to some borderline WWE style story lines and pure sports entertainment.

Poor cheating Connor. Illegal knees, fence grabbing, glove grabbing, and he still had to tap out. Love it.

Just proves he got luckily with Aldo and rode his own hype wave the rest of the way. He’s a prime example why I lost most interest in MMA. Not him specifically but how they started booking fights off of hype and made up BS vs who actually deserved the fight. It went from a legitimate sport with real fucking sponsors and real TV time to some borderline WWE style story lines and pure sports entertainment.

I was thinking exactly this. Everything about that fight last night seemed like a WWE match.

I agree completely. I have lost interest too. I gave up on running fightsforum, and now only watch fights that interest me. Today I don't even know have the roster. Whereas before, I could tell you that records of any fighter on the roster.

However, McGregor is a legit fighter who poses a serious threat to anyone. He knocked out Aldo with his signature left hook. He also made Alvarez look amateurish. He's a legit top level fighter. Khabib is just one of the greatest fighters to ever have stepped in the octagon.