Sports Question for Tampa peeps

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥436
How is it that your team (the Rays) has been in first place since the All Star break and you can only manage an attendance of less then 15K in the series with Toronto? :eek::wtf: Even during the Red Sox's worst years you have an attendance of ~30k.

How is it that your team (the Rays) has been in first place since the All Star break and you can only manage an attendance of less then 15K in the series with Toronto? :eek::wtf: Even during the Red Sox's worst years you have an attendance of ~30k.

Attendance should be up tonight. Its dollar hot dog night!!!

I went once this season. I paid my dues.

Dear TB Lightning, thanks for trading for Andrej Meszaros more than he's worth. Sincerely, Ottawa.

1. Like Fly said Florida is a football state and you can't change that.

2. The Stadium is a pain in the butt for most people to get to. I've gone to alot of games this year and it's a pain to drive all the way over there for a night game and then deal with coming all the way back around midnight. Most of the burb areas in Tampa are on the other side of the city.

3. Cities like Boston and NY can sell out 30k plus everygame because they have a much higher population and public trans that can get you right to the stadium. Plus with Tampa being a major transplant city at least 70% of the baseball fans that live here are loyal to the teams from their previous city (i.e. Boston and NY). You can see that when the Rays play teams like that they will sell out everytime.

4. The team has only been around for 11 years and 10 of those years the team was a joke. The current owners have only been here for 3 and the previous owners were so terrible that MLB was threatening to force them out. This is their first winning season so you have to give it at least 1 complete season before you will get people out.

2. The Stadium is a pain in the butt for most people to get to. I've gone to alot of games this year and it's a pain to drive all the way over there for a night game and then deal with coming all the way back around midnight. Most of the burb areas in Tampa are on the other side of the city.

3. Cities like Boston and NY can sell out 30k plus everygame because they have a much higher population and public trans that can get you right to the stadium. Plus with Tampa being a major transplant city at least 70% of the baseball fans that live here are loyal to the teams from their previous city (i.e. Boston and NY). You can see that when the Rays play teams like that they will sell out everytime.

4. The team has only been around for 11 years and 10 of those years the team was a joke. The current owners have only been here for 3 and the previous owners were so terrible that MLB was threatening to force them out. This is their first winning season so you have to give it at least 1 complete season before you will get people out.

Thank you for the good info..

1st of all...

Nevermind

There's a ton of pussy in St Pete. That means there' s a ton minus the one I'm banging who is crying herself to sleep. Seriously, she could have definitely done better.

What were we talking about?

i personally am walking distance from the Trop (their stadium), and I've only been to one game and that was really just to see LL Cool J postgame. lol

but i'm not a baseball dude. certainly does suck that attendance sucks. hope it doesn't get em moved.