Sport Sedans

kiwi said:
Than don't buy the WRX, while it's fun to drive and reliable, there really is no back seat. It's too small for anyone bigger than the average 5 year old to sit back there (car seats do not fit at all, just for reference).

Edit: I vote for the S4. :drool:
The A4 back seat is awfully cramped too IMO, the 3-series is also small, the 9-5's is even more spacious than a 5-series.

One of my attorneys drives an Audi. He just called and said he'd be late because he's having car trouble. That's 3 times in the past 6 weeks. :fly:

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've heard there are issues with putting too much power through the 5-Speed on the WRX, but I'm not sure how much is too much.

An STI 6-speed swap would take care of that though ;)

I know the Audi's should be easily good for 300+ HP
I've heard that too, and I know the EVO has some issues with transfer cases if you start modding them. A 6-speed swap would definately be nice, but if I can find the STI used for a reasonable price I'd definately get that over a regular WRX.

I really like the Audi but I'm just not sold on paying that much for a car that's only marginally newer than what I've got now. With a WRX or IS300, or even the Bimmer I can get a newer vehicle for less money than the S4. While the S4 is a sexy machine I don't know if I'm going to be able to swing it. It looks as though I'll be spending a lot of time on the internets researching various vehicles.

Have any links to good sources of info (mods, etc) for any of the cars mentioned in this thread?

kiwi said:
Than don't buy the WRX, while it's fun to drive and reliable, there really is no back seat. It's too small for anyone bigger than the average 5 year old to sit back there (car seats do not fit at all, just for reference).

Edit: I vote for the S4. :drool:
I dunno, I went to the Subaru dealer with my friend Steve last week and we "trsted" out the new WRX and Steve fit just fine in the rear seat, even with the front seats moved all the way back. Steve is about 6 feet tall.

The carseat thing isn't really an issue for me at the moment so I'm going to pretend like I never heard that.

CletusJones said:
I've heard that too, and I know the EVO has some issues with transfer cases if you start modding them. A 6-speed swap would definately be nice, but if I can find the STI used for a reasonable price I'd definately get that over a regular WRX.

I really like the Audi but I'm just not sold on paying that much for a car that's only marginally newer than what I've got now. With a WRX or IS300, or even the Bimmer I can get a newer vehicle for less money than the S4. While the S4 is a sexy machine I don't know if I'm going to be able to swing it. It looks as though I'll be spending a lot of time on the internets researching various vehicles.

Have any links to good sources of info (mods, etc) for any of the cars mentioned in this thread?

Impreza forums

http://www.i-club.com/forums/index.php?

Saab forums

http://www.saabnet.com

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/index.php

Hirsch, essentially Saab's semi-offical 'M' or 'AMG'

http://www.saab-performance.com/GB_en/2_3_engine.html

yoda634 said:
He's got a point.

It's nothing specific, it's just that behind the wheel of an A4, you don't feel lke you're driving a sports car. You feel like it's a luxury sedan that just happens to be able to be driven awesomely.
Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at, thanks :D

My Saab felt 'sportier' than the Audi, and oh man did we abuse it :eek: :eek:

FWIW attempting Jeep trails with a 17" wheeled, lowered suspension sedan with a very low hanging front spoiler isn't the best idea :shifty:

CletusJones said:
I dunno, I went to the Subaru dealer with my friend Steve last week and we "trsted" out the new WRX and Steve fit just fine in the rear seat, even with the front seats moved all the way back. Steve is about 6 feet tall.

The carseat thing isn't really an issue for me at the moment so I'm going to pretend like I never heard that.

I just know that when we test drove one Haylee in her car seat barely fit and I wouldn't want to ride back there for very long.

kiwi said:
I just know that when we test drove one Haylee in her car seat barely fit and I wouldn't want to ride back there for very long.
To be honest, the size of the backseat isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. It's not like i'll ever be back there, that's why I brought a friend with, because they're the people who sit there.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Loosing your power windows whenever you hit some bumps get old though

But THOSE parts are cheaper for a Subaru too :p

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at, thanks :D

My Saab felt 'sportier' than the Audi, and oh man did we abuse it :eek: :eek:

FWIW attempting Jeep trails with a 17" wheeled, lowered suspension sedan with a very low hanging front spoiler isn't the best idea :shifty:

aha! 4 wheeling isn't just "some bumps" :p

CletusJones said:
To be honest, the size of the backseat isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. It's not like i'll ever be back there, that's why I brought a friend with, because they're the people who sit there.

Than don't worry about including that in your decision. It was definitely a fun car to drive and rated very high.

kiwi said:
Than don't worry about including that in your decision. It was definitely a fun car to drive and rated very high.
I'm reading about them on the subaru forum that chikken linked (i-club) and the trans issues scare me a little, just because I've had some problems with the trans in my truck (3 of them) and I'd like to not have to worry about that sort of thing anytime soon.