Spiderman, Spiderman...

BULLSHIT! BULL! SHIT!

Ben Parker was killed by a random thug that Peter could have stopped but didn't. That is the very basis for Spiderman being a superhero as opposed to a costumed circus freak that does tricks for cash.

:mad: changing this is as bad as making Bumblebee a Camaro and Megatron something other than the big fuckoff gun he's supposed to be.

The suit that made venom was a real storyline from the comics

BULLSHIT! BULL! SHIT!

Ben Parker was killed by a random thug that Peter could have stopped but didn't. That is the very basis for Spiderman being a superhero as opposed to a costumed circus freak that does tricks for cash.

:mad: changing this is as bad as making Bumblebee a Camaro and Megatron something other than the big fuckoff gun he's supposed to be.

yeah, my childhood is being raped once again... :(

I watch movies to be entertained. Sure they may not follow the stories to a tee, but the main thing is that it entertained me.

I think I'm the only person that doesn't really like the Spiderman movies. I mean, they're ok, I just don't think they're that memorable. I wish I got it because I feel like I'm missing something.

I haven't bothered to see any of them and this one will change nothing

Oops, sorry I must have missed that bit :eek:

yeah, I know it's a silly thing to bitch about and really I'm not bothered by a single other change in the spiderman universe made by the movies. I don't care that it's now a genetically engineered spider instead of a radioactive one, I don't care that mary jane hooked up with jameson's son before she hooked up with pete or really any other changes they want to make. don't care

But the very reason that Spiderman has always been my favorite superhero is that he is one because Uncle Ben was killed by a thug that Pete could have stopped but didn't. That whole scenario is what drives home the "with great power comes great responsibility" bit and made him realize what he's meant to do. He's not fighting crime for revenge like Batman or because he's an alien (illegal one, btw) with nothing better to do like Superman or a freak of nature taking orders from Captain Picard in a wheelchair. He screwed up, it cost him the most important thing in his life and it made him wake up and realize that someone given those kinds of advantages has the responsibility to do some good with them.

:blah: i know, i'm being a dork

yeah, I know it's a silly thing to bitch about and really I'm not bothered by a single other change in the spiderman universe made by the movies. I don't care that it's now a genetically engineered spider instead of a radioactive one, I don't care that mary jane hooked up with jameson's son before she hooked up with pete or really any other changes they want to make. don't care

But the very reason that Spiderman has always been my favorite superhero is that he is one because Uncle Ben was killed by a thug that Pete could have stopped but didn't. That whole scenario is what drives home the "with great power comes great responsibility" bit and made him realize what he's meant to do. He's not fighting crime for revenge like Batman or because he's an alien (illegal one, btw) with nothing better to do like Superman or a freak of nature taking orders from Captain Picard in a wheelchair. He screwed up, it cost him the most important thing in his life and it made him wake up and realize that someone given those kinds of advantages has the responsibility to do some good with them.

:blah: i know, i'm being a dork

That was beautiful man.

Ahem, yea nothing to see here.