Spent

You're picking out the bad ones. Yeah there are some stupid ones to you or me, but there are some interesting ones. How close you can live to work, medical insurance premiums, schooling, groceries, etc..

You and I might not be facing these problems because we are lucky to grow up in an environment where we had more options and support. Not everyone has these luxuries..

I understand but I still don't believe this is a good way to make that point. It's not showing an honest portrayal; overly simplifying the issues and presenting limited choices in order to generate an emotional response that results in a $2 donation that may or may not go somewhere helpful isn't really helping people understand the problem better, imho.

and while I do count myself lucky that I was born in a country where I had more options any support I've received has been extremely limited. I do recognize that I am lucky however a lot of people are in these messes due to their own design. while I don't blame those who are struggling through little or no fault of their own it doesn't mean that we have to feel sympathy for everyone out there.

For our last 1200sq foot apartment, it was about $300 for both in the winter, and that was keeping the thermostat at 67-68 degrees.

And we didn't have nearly as much electronics as that...

ah, our heat is gas but I count my lucky stars that this building was built with what is apparently magical insulation because even with below zero temps this winter I've turned on the heat maybe half a dozen times

ah, our heat is gas but I count my lucky stars that this building was built with what is apparently magical insulation because even with below zero temps this winter I've turned on the heat maybe half a dozen times

Yes, that is seriously magical insulation.

I have spray foam everywhere, and if it's -10 outside it's in the 50's in the house even with the wood stove going full bore.

Full bore enough to melt some of the interior parts of it it turns out.

Man, I'm jealous. It gets down to 60 degrees outside and we are using our heat. Our problem is though, we have no windows that get sunlight in the winter, so no help heating up the house at all. It's nicer in the summer though, which really, is the more important season to worry about, cause even in Dec our gas bill for heating never comes close to our electric with the a/c going all the time.

Man, I'm jealous. It gets down to 60 degrees outside and we are using our heat. Our problem is though, we have no windows that get sunlight in the winter, so no help heating up the house at all. It's nicer in the summer though, which really, is the more important season to worry about, cause even in Dec our gas bill for heating never comes close to our electric with the a/c going all the time.
Geez, and I'd just like it to be over 60 with the heat on.....

damn, y'all :( sry

then again this building is basically a giant cinder block. I'm about twenty feet from the window and can't get a cell signal

April won't approve but when my pet was sick I ignored it. :fly:

Also this is easy as pie. I ended up with way more money than I do on a normal month :lol:

Also when I haven't done laundry for weeks why is the onoly option to pay at the laundrymat or ask a friend? How about don't do laundry.

Try being poor sometime. Also I have shit tons of clothes, I have an entire spare bedroom full of clothes. It's not like I only have 3 weeks worth and then I had to clean everything.

then you're not poor, you just choose to spend your money on too much clothes

"try being poor" because real poor people have computers and internet access