Spent

What did you guys buy for food? I pretended I was in college: no TP and mountains of ramen and spaghetti.

Quit lying. The game flat out says that even though you can bike or walk to work, you still need a car for other items. They wouldn't let you leave a car out. Not it is feasible that it didn't say you got into a fender bender, but it wouldn't have said you didn't need a car.

the car expenses are built into that equation when you choose where you live.

I had no accidents. nothing.

I figured if I lived that close to work the cost differential would be made up in babysitting costs while i was traveling and could be spent w/family.

the car expenses are built into that equation when you choose where you live.

I had no accidents. nothing.

I figured if I lived that close to work the cost differential would be made up in babysitting costs while i was traveling and could be spent w/family.

I picked 0 distance from work and still got it. Apparently it depends on which job you pick though. Just found out through experimentation on it.

Take that back, I just managed to end with $926, but I lost my car on the last day cause it got impounded.

:lol: that's the thing, this games keeps assuming that you're making a bunch of stupid decisions that you later need to rectify by spending all your money

Quit lying. The game flat out says that even though you can bike or walk to work, you still need a car for other items. They wouldn't let you leave a car out. Not it is feasible that it didn't say you got into a fender bender, but it wouldn't have said you didn't need a car.

which is dumb. I don't own a car. I live in a city and work in the burbs. the few times a month where I need a car I rent one for cheap and any auto incidents are covered by the credit card's insurance which doesn't have a deductible

basically, the car problems are the game's own dumbass assumptions that people are dumbasses. if you live in a big city you don't need a car. if you try to justify the need for one then get a zipcar account

see, there's another one: your landlord found out that you have a pet and now have to pay

motherfucker, if i have a child and am so broke that i lost a house you can be damn sure i gave that pet away a long fucking time ago

edit: gas bill is 100 bucks and electric is 125? what kind of place are these people living in? hell even when my roommate was living with me and we had twice the amount of electronics running including two servers, a decent sound system and big ass hdtv plus our individual gaming systems the power bill barely broke 50 bucks.

Last edited:
see, there's another one: your landlord found out that you have a pet and now have to pay

motherfucker, if i have a child and am so broke that i lost a house you can be damn sure i gave that pet away a long fucking time ago

edit: gas bill is 100 bucks and electric is 125? what kind of place are these people living in? hell even when my roommate was living with me and we had twice the amount of electronics running including two servers, a decent sound system and big ass hdtv plus our individual gaming systems the power bill barely broke 50 bucks.

I average around $280/month for both of those. Obviously depending on the month, one is higher than the other. During fall/spring, that average is usually around $150 though.

Not sure how much of that is high rates and not sure how much of that is related to how bad I'm perceiving my insualation to be.

which is dumb. I don't own a car. I live in a city and work in the burbs. the few times a month where I need a car I rent one for cheap and any auto incidents are covered by the credit card's insurance which doesn't have a deductible

basically, the car problems are the game's own dumbass assumptions that people are dumbasses. if you live in a big city you don't need a car. if you try to justify the need for one then get a zipcar account

Could you imagine if everyone in the US up and moved to big cities?

My electric bill was $280 last month