Speaking of gaming communities.

Ryokurin said:
Yep. Broadband is a rather broad word. For instance, with Bellsouth, thats a DSL Lite connection (256k). If its Starband Satelite thats up to 700k, neither you would want to surf and stream high quality music with let alone try to download a 2 to 4gb file.

Yes the 14.95 and 24.95 plans were needed to get some people to drop dial up, but I hate how most companies count them as broadband users. Except for a few key locations there isn't any real competition either. In the end FIOS is being pushed by Verizon because of a need to make most of their network fiber. The vast majority of Bellsouth's network IS fiber believe it or not (they by far have run more fiber than any other baby bell) but because of this they dont want to start over and run it to the home. I dont see SBC doing anything big until they have completely assimilated AT&T and with the cable industry overall I dont see any major FIOS like speeds with them as a whole (Optium Online does not count) until they move to an entire Mpeg-2 or Mpeg-4 system. I dont know about anyone else but with Comcast this is going to happen much sooner than you think.

Brighthouse is already ramping up speeds due to FIOS. I'm sure at it gets rolled out, other cable companies will follow suit...

Coqui said:
If I wanted to take the time, yes. And the only two games I bought this year were HL2 and BF2. I don't even pay attention to consoles much.

I guess my point is that it is clear most of the "blockbuster" games aren't profitable. I would hazard a guess that most of the games that made a profit are the sports ones.

Also, I don't know if this stat is just states side. So... is it?

taeric said:
I guess my point is that it is clear most of the "blockbuster" games aren't profitable. I would hazard a guess that most of the games that made a profit are the sports ones.

Also, I don't know if this stat is just states side. So... is it?

Ah I see where you're coming from. Then no I couldn't name 80 games. But then again like I said, I didn't pay much attention to the console market.