NSFW SPAMALOT V. I Iz In Yur Target Stealin Yur Infos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,771
Steam
asastang
Stupid fly, closing the thread when he did

fly said:
So how does getting your card number stolen relate to them obtaining your user/pass for Amazon and ordering from your account?
A lot of stuff is linked now.
I get asked if I want to pay with Paypal every time I go to Home Depot.
:iono:

If you do an order on Amazon with a CC and it matches a CC thats part of someones Prime Account it automatically associates it together

So how does getting your card number stolen relate to them obtaining your user/pass for Amazon and ordering from your account?

For fucks sake people read the post. If you have a CC card in your Prime profile and it's used to order something without logging into account that CC card in the profile links everything together.

amazon doesnt have "guest" checkout, do they? You have to create an account to order.

Good ole Florida...

VzHlY4L.jpg

I like the part where they tell you it would take too much effort to put a stop on 417 fraudulent orders once they being to process. For a company considering dropping packages from drone aircraft, this is a hilariously low-tech stumbling block.

The only positive thing is during the few days I had access to my account again I removed all of the cards and address in my profile so they can't do a charge back even if they wanted to.

I like the part where they tell you it would take too much effort to put a stop on 417 fraudulent orders once they being to process. For a company considering dropping packages from drone aircraft, this is a hilariously low-tech stumbling block.

I already knew that before. A few years ago I had made an order and accidentally still had an old out of State address as the default. When I contacted them to get it changed they said it was in process and they couldn't do anything about it. They actually suggested I try to contact the person at the address now and have them ship it to me.

The only positive thing is during the few days I had access to my account again I removed all of the cards and address in my profile so they can't do a charge back even if they wanted to.
Yes, because all of that data is out of their database now. They still have all of that information... so if they want to be shit heads...

This is clearly a case of hand a not talking to hand b.

Get the fraud people back on the line. The billing department is obviously unaware that this was fraud, and probably cant even see that it came from 417 different accounts and orders. They just see the singular chargeback.

That said, wtf target. Target shouldnt be able to extract money from other companies for their fuckup. They should have to eat that cost.

Yes, because all of that data is out of their database now. They still have all of that information... so if they want to be shit heads...

the cards aren't active so I don't really care. As soon as my banks were notified by Mastercard and Visa about the Target breach they were all cancelled. It just sucks the Amazon thing happened before they were notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.