NSFW [SPAM]Welcome to Hawaii! Spam Everywhere! (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Amazon is on my list today. My card was one that was taken during the whole Target ordeal. Almost immediately they used my card to order about 3k worth of Iphone cases and Iphone external batteries. Each was done on a separate order and sent to various people all over the US. As soon as the orders were made I received the emails about them so I called Amazon to report them as fraud. They put a hold on my account to investigate and told me to contact my bank (which I would have done anyway.) Also because the orders were in process and the shipping portion of Amazon is separate they said they couldn't cancel the orders. So I got to have about 2 days of email after email seeing all of these things getting shipped out. My bank fraud department of course refunded all of the money. After about 2 weeks of still hearing nothing from Amazon and my account being locked out I called again to see what the deal was. After multiple calls and emails another 2 weeks came with nothing from them. I called the last time and they said everything was done and they unlocked my account. So a week goes by now and I receive another email this morning from Amazon basically saying my bank is demanding a refund from them because of the fraud so Amazon is demanding the money from me and has put my account on lockdown until they receive payment from me. So I called again super pissed demanding they not only unlock my account but they also compensate my Prime Account for the missed month and a half that I've been unable to utilize not only the shopping but my Amazon movie service, kindle, etc. I've had nothing but great experience with them up until this but it's enough to make me not want to use them again. Here is the email I received from them this morning even after I've already filed all of the fraud paperwork with them.

We have placed a hold on your Amazon.com account because the charge for this transaction has been disputed and the bank has demanded payment from us:

Your Order: #104-
Transaction Date:
Amount in Dispute: 63.98
Item in Order:
Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 5/5s - Genuine Leather iPhone Case and Wallet (ledger brown)

The disputed charge will appear as a refund on your credit card statement.

The hold on your account will remain, and we cannot process any orders until we receive payment for this order.

Please reply to this email with the last two digits of the credit card you wish to use. We can only charge a payment method that is already on your Amazon.com account. For your own protection, do not send a full card number.

Once we've received this information, we will issue the charge to your specified card and reinstate your account. We appreciate your cooperation in the matter.

This is also a good argument against having all of your digital services with the same company. What if they locked your cloud with your music library etc. (assuming you had something like this set up). You'd pretty much be on the hook for fraudulent charges and Amazon's inability to cancel fraudulent orders even when reported before the items have shipped. Seems like a major logistics fuck up on their end.

So Amazon is on my list today. My card was one that was taken during the whole Target ordeal. Almost immediately they used my card to order about 3k worth of Iphone cases and Iphone external batteries. Each was done on a separate order and sent to various people all over the US. As soon as the orders were made I received the emails about them so I called Amazon to report them as fraud. They put a hold on my account to investigate and told me to contact my bank (which I would have done anyway.) Also because the orders were in process and the shipping portion of Amazon is separate they said they couldn't cancel the orders. So I got to have about 2 days of email after email seeing all of these things getting shipped out. My bank fraud department of course refunded all of the money. After about 2 weeks of still hearing nothing from Amazon and my account being locked out I called again to see what the deal was. After multiple calls and emails another 2 weeks came with nothing from them. I called the last time and they said everything was done and they unlocked my account. So a week goes by now and I receive another email this morning from Amazon basically saying my bank is demanding a refund from them because of the fraud so Amazon is demanding the money from me and has put my account on lockdown until they receive payment from me. So I called again super pissed demanding they not only unlock my account but they also compensate my Prime Account for the missed month and a half that I've been unable to utilize not only the shopping but my Amazon movie service, kindle, etc. I've had nothing but great experience with them up until this but it's enough to make me not want to use them again. Here is the email I received from them this morning even after I've already filed all of the fraud paperwork with them.

We have placed a hold on your Amazon.com account because the charge for this transaction has been disputed and the bank has demanded payment from us:

Your Order: #104-
Transaction Date:
Amount in Dispute: 63.98
Item in Order:
Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 5/5s - Genuine Leather iPhone Case and Wallet (ledger brown)

The disputed charge will appear as a refund on your credit card statement.

The hold on your account will remain, and we cannot process any orders until we receive payment for this order.

Please reply to this email with the last two digits of the credit card you wish to use. We can only charge a payment method that is already on your Amazon.com account. For your own protection, do not send a full card number.

Once we've received this information, we will issue the charge to your specified card and reinstate your account. We appreciate your cooperation in the matter.

So how does getting your card number stolen relate to them obtaining your user/pass for Amazon and ordering from your account?

So how does getting your card number stolen relate to them obtaining your user/pass for Amazon and ordering from your account?

If you do an order on Amazon with a CC and it matches a CC thats part of someones Prime Account it automatically associates it together

Status
Not open for further replies.