[Space Nerds] Let's talk about Curiosity.

does anyone think it's FUCKING AMAZING that we can sit at our desks and casually click on a button that takes us to real-time pictures from a robot on mars in a matter of seconds???

WHAT.THE.HELL.

/mind blown

does anyone think it's FUCKING AMAZING that we can sit at our desks and casually click on a button that takes us to real-time pictures from a robot on mars in a matter of seconds???

WHAT.THE.HELL.

/mind blown

Not really. I genuinely couldn't be more underwhelmed by space travel. Until the Vulcans come down and make first contact I will not care a jot about people trying to explore the universe.

Not really. I genuinely couldn't be more underwhelmed by space travel. Until the Vulcans come down and make first contact I will not care a jot about people trying to explore the universe.

You must not realize how many of the technologies you use on a daily basis are the result of space exploration.

You're right, I don't, nor do I really care. Whether they make or create more shit is of little consequence to me.

Usually this attitude stems from having ignorance on the topic. Possibly if you knew more about it, it would be exciting like it is to others.

:fly:

Usually this attitude stems from having ignorance on the topic. Possibly if you knew more about it, it would be exciting like it is to others.

:fly:

April trying to call someone ignorant, that's novel.

No, I have no interest in space travel because I never have done, nor am I really that interested in science or the idea of 'life on mars' or anything vaguely associated with it. Just like I'm not excited by scientists in labs working on cancer cures, if they found one great, that'd be swell, but I'm not getting all hyped up about the possibilities just because. If people want to get excited cool for them.

April trying to call someone ignorant, that's novel.

No, I have no interest in space travel because I never have done, nor am I really that interested in science or the idea of 'life on mars' or anything vaguely associated with it. Just like I'm not excited by scientists in labs working on cancer cures, if they found one great, that'd be swell, but I'm not getting all hyped up about the possibilities just because. If people want to get excited cool for them.

Ever notice those who try to play ultra-hipster with their claims of 'I don't care' are usually the most vocal when people point out how bourgeoise of an attitude that is.

Not everyone has to like it, but as far as I'm concerned this is one of the coolest things ever. I'm amazed by the unknown of it all. And the difficulty.

I agree. Even though it was filmed all in Arizona. It's still cool we got a sky crane to work anywhere near Yuma at all, with all the interference from the government projects and all.

Not everyone has to like it, but as far as I'm concerned this is one of the coolest things ever. I'm amazed by the unknown of it all. And the difficulty.

See you would be a Janeway, an explorer, one who gives a shit what's inside the nebula. I would be a Worf who doesn't care and says it's a dumb idea to go into the unknown and possibly die when faced with superior opponents.

That's my side of the fence. And I like it.

See you would be a Janeway, an explorer, one who gives a shit what's inside the nebula. I would be a Worf who doesn't care and says it's a dumb idea to go into the unknown and possibly die when faced with superior opponents.

That's my side of the fence. And I like it.

I love space, though I completely understand it's just doesn't tickle your fancy. That's perfectly fine. Plenty of things I'm not interested in the slightest that others deem to be a big deal.