Food Sous vide Chicken Thighs

1509231920150922195911.jpg

Gravy sourced from the juices of the meat you're putting it on is permissible.

I'm more of a jus person (I'd brown some onions/garlic, deglaze with the juices, throw in a bit of red wine, etc) but I'll gravy this gravy.

i'm not gonna lie the mashed potatoes were excellent

of course when you use as much butter as i did they damn well should be
One year while I was making mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving my sister came in and saw how much butter I put in them. She was like "OMG you put THAT much in????" I yelled back at her "Get out of my kitchen now"

She still eats them without saying a word now, but really butter makes a good mashed potato fantastic. A little grated cheddar or parm cheese never hurts either.

• Gravy
Reactions: MadDog
One year while I was making mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving my sister came in and saw how much butter I put in them. She was like "OMG you put THAT much in????" I yelled back at her "Get out of my kitchen now"

She still eats them without saying a word now, but really butter makes a good mashed potato fantastic. A little grated cheddar or parm cheese never hurts either.
Butter and cream cheese make the best fucking mashed taters ever.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Butter and cream cheese make the best fucking mashed taters ever.
Honestly not a fan of cream cheese in mashed potatoes. Then again not a fan of cream cheese in general. Another one that is good though is Asiago cheese.

so for my next experiment i'm thinking about sous vide pork belly and making some gua bao, recipes are looking like 36 hours at 147 degrees

now i gotta find me some pork belly