Hawt Sorry stoners Amersterdam is saying no

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,706
The Netherlands is banning all drugs and entrance to pot shops to non citizens. All current shops will become private clubs that require you to show your local ID.

As far as I am aware, it passed awhile ago. I couldnNt care less. Yeah it will kill tourism, and they will more than likely reverse it in a couple years. Either way I really don't care..

As far as I'm aware it's only some neighborhoods that will be effected by the new policy as it stands and that there's a sort of appeals process in effect and some coffee shops in tourist heavy areas may have the possibility of applying for exceptions to the rule. My information is 7 days old at this point though. I could be missing something. The article you posted isn't clear though. Doesn't really matter to me much since I have no plans to return to the Netherlands nor do I intend to smoke any pot in the foreseeable future. I just try to keep up on this stuff.

Well, I guess we'll see how that goes for them next year. Seems like it's going to be terrible for business. There's not much else to do in the Netherlands except look at tulips and architecture. Their museums suck as do their people. I did see a castle that was neat but you can do that anywhere.

Every place has interesting things in it eileen even if it's just wandering round the city finding niche and cool shops. Amsterdam has the best independent record store in Europe for example. It depends on what you like to do abroad I suppose. My favourite thing to do is go to any random place and wander round side streets til I find something cool. :)

Every place has interesting things in it eileen even if it's just wandering round the city finding niche and cool shops. Amsterdam has the best independent record store in Europe for example. It depends on what you like to do abroad I suppose. My favourite thing to do is go to any random place and wander round side streets til I find something cool. :)

If I'm going to a foreign place, it sure as hell isn't going to be for the shopping.