Sony postpones PlayStation 3 release

Fat Burger said:
I paid $150 for a refurbed Xbox, and got our Gamecube in a package that essentially made it cost $20.

You're point?

I'm pretty much just ignoring the PS3 and Xbox 360 and going for the Revolution. I already have a DVD player and computer that I paid for, but the ability to play the NES games I own but no longer work is priceless.

Actually, it has a price. We just don''t know what it will be, yet. It isn't like you are going to be able to play the old carts. I'm guessing about $15 per game. If you really just wanted to play games you already own, you could just drop $40 on an old nintendo. Would be even cheaper than getting the revolution.

taeric said:
You're point?

I'm just tossing my hat into the "Didn't pay too much for a console" ring.

taeric said:
Actually, it has a price.

OH REALLY? See, because "priceless" and "free" have the exact same meanings now :rolleyes:

taeric said:
...you could just drop $40 on an old nintendo.

Way to read the part about the games not working :fly:

Last edited:
FlamingGlory said:
You're point... You are point... Im[sic] confused :(

It would have made more sense if you quoted it right. "You're Point?" --> "You are point?"

See, much clearer with the question mark.

(The really funny thing, to me, is that I noticed it when I reloaded the page. Didn't feel like fixing it, though.)

elpmis said:
jesus christ you're a dick :fly:

I can't wait for you to mature out of your angsty know-it-all teenage years
I am not a dick. I sat and read that like 5 times until I figured out what it was supposed to mean.

Angst means apprehension or anxiety btw, nothing to do with hating the world :p

Fat Burger said:
I'm just tossing my hat into the "Didn't pay too much for a console" ring.

Fair enough. I would think by that logic you would also skip out on the revolution till it hits bargain bin, though.

Fat Burger said:
OH REALLY? See, because "priceless" and "free" have the exact same meanings now :rolleyes:

Way to read the part about the games not working :fly:

I simply missread "games I own but no longer work" to "games I no longer have a working system for." I don't think I've ever seen a cart that wouldn't work anymore. Still, just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean they don't exist.

And I made the quip about the price because out of all my friends that will supposedly be buying these games online, I see few actually doing it. I know I'm not going to pay more than a buck for Kid Icarus, and I loved that game.

taeric said:
And I made the quip about the price because out of all my friends that will supposedly be buying these games online, I see few actually doing it. I know I'm not going to pay more than a buck for Kid Icarus, and I loved that game.

The games are already made, so development will be minimal. Hopefully Nintendo will keep it dirt cheap to sell a ton of copies.

Fat Burger said:
The games are already made, so development will be minimal. Hopefully Nintendo will keep it dirt cheap to sell a ton of copies.

Hopefully, but I wouldn't hold my breath. See any of these games, as an example. (I suppose this is more promising. Though it is yet another peripheral that Nintendo quickly dropped.)

The key thing that people keep forgetting. They always said Spring release for Japan, not the US. thus the only one delayed was the Japan release, not the US which was slated for november always. The price is likely going to be 399 and the entire "A hard drive is required, but wont be sold with it" was a translation goof. It will be sold with a drive but spares will be available. It still dosn't mean that wont come with a smaller drive, but I got the feeling it may.

Who am I kidding, I'm going to be getting all 3 systems eventually, but Revolution will be the first one I purchase

Until then I'm going to see if I can get all of my Dragon Quest VIII characters to level 99

Fat Burger said:
Yeah, and I do, but I still love the idea.

Also, I'm hoping they use the gyroscopic controller for some older games. Course, that also meands they'd be more expensive.
I'm with you man, Revolution is going to be amazing

You pick up RE4 yet?

dunno if somone already posted this, but I think it's crazy that ALL games for PS3 must be blue-ray disc - that's a bad move on sony's part

Probably grab a rev when it comes out. PS3, not sure if I'll feel the need to get it at release or not. 360, when Blue Dragon comes out.