Sony postpones PlayStation 3 release

that sucks. Though I guess it gives everyone more time to save up or find a loan.

I'd say with any luck this will be all the delay there is. Especially since it is effectively no delay for us. Though, if I were really lucky, I'd just not get one. :)

I'm still not sure what the price is going to be. I'd be surprised if it is more than the 360, but it does have a lot of features.

taeric said:
I'd say with any luck this will be all the delay there is. Especially since it is effectively no delay for us. Though, if I were really lucky, I'd just not get one. :)

I'm still not sure what the price is going to be. I'd be surprised if it is more than the 360, but it does have a lot of features.

It's going to be more than the 360

Coqui said:
It's going to be more than the 360

How do you figure? I didn't see that in the report.

And the merril lynch analyst was full of crack, so I wouldn't give that too much credit.

Also, it should be noted with intense amusement/hate that the main reason for the delay is stated to be the BluRay stuff.

taeric said:
How do you figure? I didn't see that in the report.

And the merril lynch analyst was full of crack, so I wouldn't give that too much credit.

Also, it should be noted with intense amusement/hate that the main reason for the delay is stated to be the BluRay stuff.

Even before hearig the Merryl Lynch report, speculation was around $700.

All things equal, the PS3 will have to be priced at $299 to be the same as the 360.

Coqui said:
Even before hearig the Merryl Lynch report, speculation was around $700.

All things equal, the PS3 will have to be priced at $299 to be the same as the 360.

I don't recall seeing any speculation that said 700 that wasn't based on the same "sources."

And all things equal I would expect it to be priced at 399. Afterall, the hard drive is standard for this one. I agree that bumping up from 299 is somewhat bad.... but I do not like the way MS kept the price at that. Seriously, the "core" system is a load of shit.

I paid $150 for a refurbed Xbox, and got our Gamecube in a package that essentially made it cost $20.

I'm pretty much just ignoring the PS3 and Xbox 360 and going for the Revolution. I already have a DVD player and computer that I paid for, but the ability to play the NES games I own but no longer work is priceless.