Sometimes, just reading things makes me feel stupid

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥21,152
This was from another forum. I realize it's kinda stupid to like sit around and read other forums, that I have no intention of posting on but eh.

EITHER WAY

Original poster blah blah 29th amendment assignment, let's not even discuss what he decided on. This was a serious suggestion for better topics, which more than a few people thought was good...

Please make very sure you have a robust spellchecker on that essay. it's Renaissance, for one.

I do not think your chosen topic suits the theme provided, there are no sentient robots at this time in history so it would be pointless to make an amendment for them. Because I'm feeling charitable, I'll give you some good topics:

1-amendment requiring evolution to be taught in every public school
2-amendment banning fast food from being sold in public schools
3-amendment legalizing consumption of marijuana (not recommended unless you had more time to research, though)
4-amendment making it illegal for raptors to eat humans (this is a joke, please don't really do this)
5- amendment requiring air conditioning to be provided for the elderly, even those who can't afford it (this is a pretty low-material topic, though)
6-amendment re-legalizing public funding of stem cell research
7-amendment to make torture illegal in all forms, leading to prosecution of the Bush administration

Aside from the neo-liberal-left wing overtones, what the hell do they teach people about amending the basic legal document of your country. At best they are trite. I would flunk the little shit for not comprehending their civics text, absolutely none of those topics have ANYTHING to do with the structure or power of the government. >.O Closest thing to an analog is the 18th amendment (which was only passed because the interstate commerce clause didnt have the far reaching power it does now), that if you didnt know, was overturned by the 21st.

This is about slipping education standards, not particularly the content of the suggestions, but the suggestions in their proposed method of enactment.

1. What is the 29th ammendment? For those that have better things to do than learn law all day long.
2. I think most of those suggestions sound brill and would definately improve your society.

On a much more interesting note than your post I went to a comedy gig on Monday and the theme was 'Manifesto's.' and in each city we would come up with a manifesto for the comedian to lobby about and try to get in law. There were some good suggestions but we all decided on:

We will have a list of all people that oppose immigration and they will have a lifetime ban on going to other countries on holiday.

There are only 28 amendments. Make up a 29th is like, make up another.

It's like missing the forest on account of the trees. It is a document of "this is HOW we are going to do things" vs. "this is WHAT we are going to do." Those things suggested would be legislation, not operational principals. The last suggestion is actually, well Ill just get made fun of if I use the latin phrase so, "justice after the fact" is illegal on an international scale.

I make posts cause no one else does. There just arent many topics.

You live on an island, immigration control makes sense. I mean, it is smaller than Texas. Visiting isnt the same as permanently residence :p etc etc

Oh or you could figure out how to fence in a sheep at an unknown location on a sphere using the least amount of fencing (measured linearly).

(No lateral thinking)

That is not what I said. At all.

It is like if the operation manual for your stove said EVERYONE MUST HAVE FREE FOODS.

yawning.jpg

No, your way of presenting things is mind boggling. I am so confused by what you're trying to say that I literally feel cross-eyed.

:wtf:
Structure and power of government vs legislation isnt a very hard concept. It's also a US local topic. Idk.

Last edited:
No, your way of presenting things is mind boggling. I am so confused by what you're trying to say that I literally feel cross-eyed.

:wtf:

This is why we should put a law together... rather amendment 11ty: Thou shall not read past three (3) sentences of ZRH's post. Doing so will give him reason to post more copy pasta. :fly:

This is why we should put a law together... rather amendment 11ty: Thou shall not read past three (3) sentences of ZRH's post. Doing so will give him reason to post more copy pasta. :fly:

I PUT EVERYTHING I COPY IN QUOTES.

:( Seriously that gets me down, I dont copy paste anything. I beat up someone in 8th grade for accusing me of copying their test.