Sometimes I don't want to do the obvious.

S

smileynev

...and like to design simple devices for massive destruction. Or in this case minute redistribution. I need to come up with something to drag behind an atv to till up the soil some and sort of level everything off. I know a piece of chain link with some 2x4s and blocks works most of the time, but I want something to dig in a little bit as well. Not more then an inch or two, but just enough to tear out any weeds and churn the dirt a little.

Any ideas?

Screw you elpmis.

Could just rent a tiller from home depot probably cheaper than you could build something. 30 for 4 hours and 45 for 24 hours if I remember right.

Give some metal spades to the daycare kids and send them out to play.

b_sinning said:
Could just rent a tiller from home depot probably cheaper than you could build something. 30 for 4 hours and 45 for 24 hours if I remember right.

This man speaks the truth. About the Home Depot part. Kids with spades would interesting, though probably not very functional.

b_sinning said:

If I didn't have a 5hp tiller of my own, I'd follow Mr Sinning's advice.

b_sinning said:

I like both of your ideas. Not at the same time, though...:(

BigDov said:
If I didn't have a 5hp tiller of my own, I'd follow Mr Sinning's advice.

My wife's grandparents have a tiller, although I would probably want one that does a wider swath of ground at a time.

b_sinning said:

Shit, I forgot. After breaking their trencher they may not be too inclined to rent to me again.