Something with content

fly said:
I think you missed the second paragraph. All people care about is money these days. If a doctor has a low satisfaction and/or high death rating, they have to charge less. Assuming the poor care continues, the doctor no longer is able to keep his practice open. All someone would have to do is go to a website and check all this info out. Although not the best idea, I'm certain that lawmakers could come up with a similar one that would do the same thing.

Nope, I read the second paragraph. I didn't feel like typing anymore and didn't think it garnered a response. Isn't there a system like that already in place? People can go to a website and check all this info out...You can also ask the doctor for his credentials, where he went to school(oh my, some schools are better than others), is he legally allowed to practice medicine in the USA? The best physicians are usually employed by the best hospitals and are paid accordingly. Hospitals have their elite just like schools. If you meet some guy in a back alley, coat-hanger in hand, who calls himself a doctor and ask for an abortion, what do you expect?

fly said:
Now you're thinking! If GROSS (read: intentional) negligence isn't involved, thats the risk of living.

If someone removed my penis when I was supposed to get an endoscopy, intentional or not, I am not going to chaulk that up to risk of living. I would consider that doctor incompetent, expect compensation and expect that his medical license be tentatively reviewed while his patient history is examined for other GROSS (read: glaringly obvious, flagrant) mistakes. I wouldn't want the same mistake made on another.

thrawn said:
If someone removed my penis when I was supposed to get an endoscopy, intentional or not, I am not going to chaulk that up to risk of living. I would consider that doctor incompetent, expect compensation and expect that his medical license be tentatively reviewed while his patient history is examined for other GROSS (read: glaringly obvious, flagrant) mistakes. I wouldn't want the same mistake made on another.

You dont need a penis anyways

thrawn said:
Nope, I read the second paragraph. I didn't feel like typing anymore and didn't think it garnered a response. Isn't there a system like that already in place? People can go to a website and check all this info out...You can also ask the doctor for his credentials, where he went to school(oh my, some schools are better than others), is he legally allowed to practice medicine in the USA?

That still isn't giving people the information they really need anyway. Are the doctor's patients happy? How many people have died in surgery? What are the doctor's complication rate for this surgery? Etc. Not where they went to school and their favorite flavor of ice cream...

The best physicians are usually employed by the best hospitals and are paid accordingly. Hospitals have their elite just like schools. If you meet some guy in a back alley, coat-hanger in hand, who calls himself a doctor and ask for an abortion, what do you expect?

Not sure where you were going with this, but I love you anyway.

Under my rules, gross negligence would still be punishable.

fly said:
well, i never made it to that dentist appointment you made me.

bahahahaha

i rate him 7 out of 10. he loses 3 cause his assistant and receptionist are fugly, old and fat.

tort reform is such a load. state set caps like the one that was passed in texas last year are destined to be overturned period.

sleeman said:
thsi thread makes me sad, since there are few if any Pandora pics within it :(

you mean Pandora from glimpse-it.com or wwoec.com? both sites are completely NWS by the way

Judges should have the power to introduce common sense into the courtroom.

Say you're suing mcdonalds because you caught your cock in the drivethru window. The judge should be able to throw it out before wasting any time or money on the subject.

Say you had the wrong leg amputated, and they ended up taking both. But you're a fast bastard who sat on internet forums all day posting lame ass threads about your cat and zombies. You want to sue for 100 million dollars. The judge takes one look at you and says you didn't even use those legs, you can sue for $500,000.