Something else that makes me fear women

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Much love for the "fat" girl :heart:

Sounds like we would get along just fine. I've never once waxed my eyebrows... mainly because my mom told me once you start you pretty much need to keep it up. That was enough for me. There's no way I am paying someone to pour hot wax on my face and then rip it off and everything that sticks to it. Then repeat procedure every month for the rest of your life, or you end you looking like a gorilla woman!! :lol:

I was talking to FB earlier and I told him I would like to lose 25 lbs, but because I feel unhealthy, not because I need to go down a pant size. If someone is gonna diet, do it to be healthy and feel better, not so you can cram your ass into a size 0 pant.

hence the reasoning behind my lifestyle change. the only diet i've ever been on is when i had gestational diabetes and had to for the baby. i started losing weight when i had my knee surgery back in january, realized that losing five lbs. DID make a difference, and kept going. i'm switching butter. i'm going to whole wheat pasta. i'm not eating much because i don't need much to be a housewife. i'm balancing what i eat. protein here, fat here, calcium here...it makes sense to do it this way. i didn't even own a scale until three months ago. i just didn't care about numbers. it's how i feel in my favorite blue jeans, going up the stairs. :D

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've lost about 20lbs in the last couple months by eliminating white flour products in addition to excercise, whole wheat is the win

i lost about 40+ pounds in about a year...

it was a while ago though, and now i can't seem to gain weight :(

Ma171aC said:
i lost about 40+ pounds in about a year...

it was a while ago though, and now i can't seem to gain weight :(
I've done the same :fly:

I gained 50lbs in a year, probably 30 muscle, 20 fat. Got sick and lost 40lbs over a few weeks, took up running and lost 10 more pounds and was in great shape. Got lazy and gained 15lbs, then got cancer and started eating like each day was my last and gained 40 more :lol:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I'll take my size 10 body ANY DAY over some of the skin and bone people I see walking around....

Sometimes it's not their fault. I have a sister who is 5'5" and about 85 lbs (not exaggerating, that may be a little high). No I would not want her body, but that's just the way she is and even doctors can't figure out why. As for myself, yes I am 5'8" and a size 2/4. This is actually the smallest I have been and aside from getting pregnant (working on that) or eating unheathly (fast food all the time) there's nothing I can do to gain weight, I don't starve myself, and I don't exercise more than chasing my daughter around (maybe I should exercise and build muscle, that may do it). I have also been up to a size 14 in the last 3 years and still felt great, it was a little bigger than I wanted to be, but soon after leaving the college dorms I got back down to a size 8/10. I didn't feel fat, I felt great and the response I got from guys seemed to lead me to believe I also looked great. I also agree that it has a lot to do with your self image, if you are always trying to look good to impress someone else, than you'll never get there. If you are trying to feel good about yourself and please yourself, you can achieve that and be quite happy. If pleasing yourself requires that you wax your eyebrows (I will admit, I would like to do that cause plucking twice a week is a pain), than go for it. I also plan on getting a boob job after having kids cause I hate seeing myself naked let alone letting my husband, cause they went too small and droopy and look weird. I'm not going to get a DD by any means, but I would like porportionately good looking boobs to my size.

Wow, this subject kind of went off post from the original crazy women topic. :fly:

kiwi said:
Sometimes it's not their fault. I have a sister who is 5'5" and about 85 lbs (not exaggerating, that may be a little high). No I would not want her body, but that's just the way she is and even doctors can't figure out why. As for myself, yes I am 5'8" and a size 2/4. This is actually the smallest I have been and aside from getting pregnant (working on that) or eating unheathly (fast food all the time) there's nothing I can do to gain weight, I don't starve myself, and I don't exercise more than chasing my daughter around (maybe I should exercise and build muscle, that may do it). I have also been up to a size 14 in the last 3 years and still felt great, it was a little bigger than I wanted to be, but soon after leaving the college dorms I got back down to a size 8/10. I didn't feel fat, I felt great and the response I got from guys seemed to lead me to believe I also looked great. I also agree that it has a lot to do with your self image, if you are always trying to look good to impress someone else, than you'll never get there. If you are trying to feel good about yourself and please yourself, you can achieve that and be quite happy. If pleasing yourself requires that you wax your eyebrows (I will admit, I would like to do that cause plucking twice a week is a pain), than go for it. I also plan on getting a boob job after having kids cause I hate seeing myself naked let alone letting my husband, cause they went too small and droopy and look weird. I'm not going to get a DD by any means, but I would like porportionately good looking boobs to my size.

Wow, this subject kind of went off post from the original crazy women topic. :fly:

:heart:

i think as long as you do what you like to do to feel good about yourself, that's all that matters. (and i was NOT condemning those who pluck/wax their eyebrows...i just don't have the finances nor the urge to do it. i'd rather live with the bush :fly: than worry about something else. (read: i'm broke and lazy.)