Some ugly mice :eek:

V

Viremia

We got some new tenants in on monday: Nude mice. They got no fur (sorry to the furries) and they got no immune system.

They are some UGLY mice.

We have to keep them in filter-top cages in a clean bench hood so they don't become infected with anything.

Sorry for the craptacular pics but I can't get too close to them and I have to shoot thru the plastic of their cages. Most of the pics I took are blurry as hell or too bright/dark.

nudies1.jpg

nudies2.jpg

A little nude mice mansechs :eek:
nudies3.jpg

They sell those at a pet store over here. Thought buying one for the snake would be neat, it'll go down smoother. It'd be fun covering it in oil and letting the two wrassle it out to victory.

Drool-Boy said:
what the hell?
You work in a lab or something?
Plus why the hell are they naked?
yes, I work for a drug company

they are naked because that was something that just happened while trying to create a mouse without an immune system

they're used for implantation of cells that a normal mouse would reject. For example, I will be injecting these mice with human prostate cancer cells under the skin and testing a new drug we're working on to see if it works in an animal model.

April23 said:
They sell those at a pet store over here. Thought buying one for the snake would be neat, it'll go down smoother. It'd be fun covering it in oil and letting the two wrassle it out to victory.

And post pics!

how do they fuck?
do you fuck?
do you fuck them?
what do they fuck?
are they fucking in the first pic?
i want to fuck r_b_

Sleeman said:
how do they fuck?
do you fuck?
do you fuck them?
what do they fuck?
are they fucking in the first pic?
i want to fuck r_b_
yes they can fuck however usually they breed heterozygous females because the homozygous females miscarry frequently
I haven't fucked them...yet
I would assume they fuck like other mice..so male-female, male-male, female-female, etc.
I think they might be a bit cold so they're huddling (they're all males)

Viremia said:
yes they can fuck however usually they breed heterozygous females because the homozygous females miscarry frequently
I haven't fucked them...yet
I would assume they fuck like other mice..so male-female, male-male, female-female, etc.
I think they might be a bit cold so they're huddling (they're all males)
jesus you make me horny

April23 said:
I doubt they sell these type mice. They cost $40 each and have to be housed in sterile environments because they have no immune system. You can usually only find them from companies that sell to companies and universities for research.

You can buy pinkies (baby mice and rats) but those will grow hair. These won't as they're already young adults.