Pics Some pictures from Mehico.

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥2,502
Saw this lil' feller outside our room window stealing eggs from the local bird population:

attachment.php

Here's the wee one and I partially up the smaller pyramid at the ruins of Coba, the higher section was roped off due to decay.

attachment.php

The larger pyramid at Coba, the largest in the Yucatan I think ~140 feet high.

attachment.php

View from the top looking down, it's amazingly steep and the stones are pretty slippery - and I am NOT good with heights :lol:

attachment.php

One day we did a couple of cavern dives with a guide at the Chac Mool cenote (say-NO-tay). The cave system has several entrances and has something like

27,000 feet of passages, we only did about 350ft or so in two seperate dives since we're supposed to stay within 200ft of an opening to the surface.

The water was AMAZINGLY clear, our pictures just don't do it justice due to the halocline we were in at several points on the dive.

A halocline is where salt and fresh water meet and when disturbed give this bizarre blurring effect. The salt is the lower layer, and it's actually warmer

when you descend into it.

The largest of the entrances, even has a ladder to get back out.

attachment.php

A crack in the limestone, with light passing through.

attachment.php

View of an entrance from below, can't quite make out the leaves and trees from the blurriness but the sun rays are pretty clear.

attachment.php

Sign at the end of the cavern zone, ~200ft in, warning of death and such :fly:

attachment.php

oh man... thats so awesome. i want to dive the cenotes, was planning a trip last year but it fell through.

eventually would like to get full cave certified in mexico.

you know, i just don't think i could do all that. :omy:

awesome pics!!! CL is soooo big and beautiful!! love those pigtails!!!

oh man... thats so awesome. i want to dive the cenotes, was planning a trip last year but it fell through.

eventually would like to get full cave certified in mexico.

They were AMAZING, I'm so hooked now.

If you want our guide's info, lemme know - he does full cave training down there. He's independent so you'll end up with a smaller class, and better attention.

I believe you can actually see the halocline, right? That's gotta be fucking weird to see water layers.

Supposedly you can 'bounce' off of it as well, I didn't experience that though.

There was one point in a fairly closed in passage (Maybe 3-4' high) where we passed a group heading the opposite direction down the line and we were stuck with that vision in the sign picture for a few minutes :lol:

Whoa neat! I had no idea you guys skipped town. VERY COOL!

LOL @ CL's hair. CUTE!

oh my goodness she's getting so big!!!
i wonder if she'll still be flirting with Valve the next time she sees him :fly:

you know, i just don't think i could do all that. :omy:

awesome pics!!! CL is soooo big and beautiful!! love those pigtails!!!

Thanks, that's how her hair is when the Mrs. does it up :fly: I'm not capable.

She flirts with EVERYONE :omy:

Supposedly you can 'bounce' off of it as well, I didn't experience that though.

There was one point in a fairly closed in passage (Maybe 3-4' high) where we passed a group heading the opposite direction down the line and we were stuck with that vision in the sign picture for a few minutes :lol:

You can also hide in it. Well, only if you're a submarine evading sonar. Aren't you just about as big as one anyway?