Pics Some pictures from Mehico.

Saw this lil' feller outside our room window stealing eggs from the local bird population:

attachment.php

Here's the wee one and I partially up the smaller pyramid at the ruins of Coba, the higher section was roped off due to decay.

attachment.php

The larger pyramid at Coba, the largest in the Yucatan I think ~140 feet high.

attachment.php

View from the top looking down, it's amazingly steep and the stones are pretty slippery - and I am NOT good with heights :lol:

attachment.php

Fact about that larger pyramid at Coba:

When Sarcasmo decided to be silly and scale the side of it in 2004 he broke off a fist-sized chunk. For hundreds of years it had watched over the jungle. Then I arrived. This is why the world hates Americans.

Awesome pics, Chikkun!!

Did you have a babysitter there for the chicklet when you went diving??

What does that death sign actually say?
Like, "No es goooo any es any further! Joo must stay back! STAY BACK! Chupacabraz es een the tunnel!"

I must know.

:fly: Cave sign text:
"STOP," it says, "Prevent your death. Go no further. FACT: More than 300 divers, including open water scuba instructors, have died in caves just like this one. FACT: You need training to dive. You need cave training and cave equipment to cave dive. FACT: Without cave training and cave equipment, divers can die here. FACT: It Can Happen to YOU! There's nothing in this cave worth dying for! Do Not Go Beyond This Point."

They had them in Spanish as well.....

lol. They're probably harboring the mexican version of the loch ness monster down there, waiting to release it in 2012, because the Mayans left instructions telling them to do so.