Some new PS3 info

Fat Burger said:
I rarely remember details, but I have this strange ability to categorize people from Genmay into "cool" or "douchebag", and then I never forget, even if I forget why. He was in the second category :p
and then there was mike27

Hes full of shit. Thats all there is to it. if he does work for sony or any of their developers forward them a link to the thread and he'll never work in the industry again if any of it is true. Im not even going to get into how some parts are blatantly inaccurate even if the cell is the god of processors.

Glad I brought this over now :D

theacoustician said:
Reread the original post. Although I'm not sure exactly how most people would use a keyboard and mouse in their living rooms (unless you're bast).

lol, yea

If I felt like fighting with him I would ask what he thinks about Procedural Synthesis just to see if he would come up with even more bullshit. Theres only x amount of memory available to the entire system, if you have some massive texture in there taking up all the space theres no room for anything else. The solution is to create it on the fly. Everyone is doing it now.

For those who dont know, read this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_generation

scrivner said:
sigh* Ok, fine. But let's keep the :tard:s and :bullshits: out of it.

I am inclined to not reply at all when I see that stuff. You'll have to wait until I get back from work, though, as last weeks trip has put everyone way behind schedule.

Looks like he needs time to do some research, lol

making some head way?:

Sarcasmo said:
That's just bad form. Can you address the points he brings up?

Scrivener said:
*sigh* Ok, fine. But let's keep the :tard:s and bullshit out of it.

I am inclined to not reply at all when I see that stuff. You'll have to wait until I get back from work, though, as last weeks trip has put everyone way behind schedule.

elpmis said:
I would understand this totally if the response to your post was a bunch of mindless babble. But he does have some good points that you could address/clear up for us all

to be continued ...

Did this guy completely forget that in Feb-March everyone was worried as hell that the demos of Oblivion were weighing in at over 30GB and they thought it would be on 4 discs?

theacoustician said:
Did this guy completely forget that in Feb-March everyone was worried as hell that the demos of Oblivion were weighing in at over 30GB and they thought it would be on 4 discs?
he's a fucking idiot and you exploited him