Some general questions

FlamingGlory said:
Well then you have the original release of The Hobbit too, eh? :p

It came out before I was born man...

Of course I have the Rankin-Bass version of the "The Hobbit" on DVD along with the Rankin-Bass "War of the Ring" which finishes the Bakshi movie. Hell, I even bought the extended versions of Peter Jackson's craptacular movies.

eileenbunny said:
So, we went to a charming little theater and saw A Scanner Darkly. It was good. I wish I had read the book first. I'm still processing it. Kinda depressing. Keanu Reeves actually wasn't that bad in it. I can see why it may bomb if released nationally, rather than in select theaters. It's not exactly something that would appeal to the masses. There's no action or explosions, no sex, and very little to keep you occupied except talk. I really want to see the film again. Rotoscope seems to me like a really great choice for the film too. Go see it if you can.
Awesomeness and yeah, all Dick's work is dark. That's why I lub it.

Arátoeldar said:
Of course I have the Rankin-Bass version of the "The Hobbit" on DVD along with the Rankin-Bass "War of the Ring" which finishes the Bakshi movie. Hell, I even bought the extended versions of Peter Jackson's craptacular movies.

I used to have that version of the Hobbit on betamax. Love it. Is there another version of the Hobbit that I don't know about?

Arátoeldar said:
Speaking of animated movies, did you see that Kiefer Sutherland will be the voice of Raistlin in the Dragonlance movie? Tell me that isn't fucking weird.

They're making a Dragonlance movie? I think Hasslehoff should play Tasslehoff. That would fucking rock. And he should sing. A lot.

Sarcasmo said:
They're making a Dragonlance movie? I think Hasslehoff should play Tasslehoff. That would fucking rock. And he should sing. A lot.
Full Cast :
Tanis Half-Elven
Michael Rosenbaum

Raistlin Majere
Kiefer Sutherland

Goldmoon
Lucy Lawless

Flint Fireforge / Fewmaster Toede
Fred Tatasciore

Tika Waylan
Michelle Trachtenberg

Caramon Majere
Rino Romano

Tasslehoff Burrfoot
Jason Marsden

Fizban The Fabulous
Neil Ross

Sturm Brightblade
Mark Worden

Riverwind & Gilthanas
Phil Lamarr

Bupu
Jentle Phoenix

Laurana
Caroline Gelabert

Takhisis
Nikka Futterman

The Forestmaster
Mari Weiss

Elistan
Ben McCain

Pyros
Dee Bradley Baker

Flamestrike
Susan Silo

Onyx
Juliette Cohen

Lucy "Fucking" Lawless. Nice.

"The screenplay has been adapted by George Strayton, whose credits include "Cleopatria 2525", "Xena: Warrior Princess" and "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys"."

Double nice. Maybe they'll crack wise and flip through the air and shit.

Sarcasmo said:
Lucy "Fucking" Lawless. Nice.

"The screenplay has been adapted by George Strayton, whose credits include "Cleopatria 2525", "Xena: Warrior Princess" and "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys"."

Double nice. Maybe they'll crack wise and flip through the air and shit.
Yeah, I saw who was adapting the books and got really mad. They're going to completely fuck this up, I can feel it.

Spring Dawning was the first novel I ever read as a kid. If they screw these up I will be pissed. Great books that I'm very sentimental about.

On a side note, I'd like to see a dark and hallucinogenic movie about Berem Everman. He's my favorite fantasy character. There's something grossly entertaining about a crazed, scared immortal who spends his time running away and dying.

b_sinning said:
The Dragonlance movie is animated?

They totally ruined Starship Troopers. The book is great and very different from the movie.
Yep, animated. Which is why I'm not holding much hope for it. I'll probably still see it and end up getting pissed off, but what can you do?

How is the book different? I never read it. I loved the movie though. Everyone dies brutally and that kicks ass.

Its retarded that they insist using "A-List" actors for animated movies. Theyre still just as talentless as they are in a regular movie. Seems to me that a "no-name" actor would be the way to go. Someone who could take direction and is interested in producing a quality product. I mean, hearing Will Smiths voice as a fish is just as crappy as seeing him jig about in a regular movie.

I'd rather have Dragonlance animated than live action.

Starship Troopers the book just had so much more depth to the characters and the miltary society aspect was explored more and they used mobile battle suits that figured heavly into the story.