software to schedule a video conference

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
Ok, this is kind of weird. :confused: A friend of mine wants to be able to schedule video conferences with people and I'm not sure if there are applications that will work together for such a thing. He wants to be able to log onto a website, schedule an appointment with someone and when that person shows up for the appointment all they have to do is sit down at some kind of a touch screen kiosk, type in a PIN and bada-bing bada-boom people are talking.

I hear Adobe Connect would be a good starting point but what kind of scheduling/database applications are out there that would meet my needs? Also, how do I get custom touch-screen interfaces for this? We already have a touchscreen LCD that can handle it but who writes these pretty UIs for things like ATMs and airport check-in kiosks?

edit: hope that makes sense

hm. I may need something like that if the project actually takes off the in future but it seems I have to build a demo for this using one laptop, one server, one kiosk

I've heard of Polycom before though, I'll check them out further and see what they have to offer. :cool: Nice suggestion.

hm. I may need something like that if the project actually takes off the in future but it seems I have to build a demo for this using one laptop, one server, one kiosk

I've heard of Polycom before though, I'll check them out further and see what they have to offer. :cool: Nice suggestion.

polycom are the best in the biz when it comes to VC

I second the polycom suggestion, if your project has the budget to set it up properly I am sure you will be pleased with the results.

We use Breeze for video conferences that require whiteboards etc. Teach classes with it. It's flash based and easy to use.

For the high end video conferences we have Tandberg systems. They are super sweet but expensive. Huge plasma screens, PrecisionHD Camera, and surround sound stereo audio with hand held tablets to run it.

We use Breeze for video conferences that require whiteboards etc. Teach classes with it. It's flash based and easy to use.

For the high end video conferences we have Tandberg systems. They are super sweet but expensive. Huge plasma screens, PrecisionHD Camera, and surround sound stereo audio with hand held tablets to run it.

HD you say? x.264? what do they cost per unit?

Yes H.264. I'll try to remember to look at what we payed for the last few we got in a few months ago. They cost a lot but the quality makes it worth it. Good service too.