Software help

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I'm currently looking for speech to text software for transcribing filed oral histories as well as for recording future interviews. Obviously this shaves a considerable amount of time from the process. I've found a few, but was wondering if any of you had experience and/or suggestions.

Thanks!

Microsoft Text to Speech

IIRC

or was that AT&T

either way, I have a few different ones I can burn off for you. None of them are really "great" but they get the job done.

Microsoft Text to Speech

IIRC

or was that AT&T

either way, I have a few different ones I can burn off for you. None of them are really "great" but they get the job done.

here is a demo for the one I used to use and I am sure I still have a copy of it somewhere...

It was the best one I could find when I was doing some sound edit stuff

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

Uh, I think he's trying to go the other way with that. He's wanting something that will convert audio into text.

Speech to Text, not Text to Speech.

I'd love to see something like this too for recording lectures and sutomagiically transcribing them for study purposes.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 is like $100. they have different versions taylored towards the medical profession, legal, etc... but i don't know how much they cost... the base one will probably work fine for you though.

unless you have a lisp.

you can get a fully optioned dragon medical package for just a hair over two grand including a tablet, 800 if you strip it down to just the software, training and a voice recorder

the best part is that you can install it on as many systems as you want, the licenses are done by physician.