Social Networking?

let me reinforce by saying i'm not JUDGING. :eek: i have an opinion, but that is not a judgement. it's one of the hardest things to learn how to do, but also one of the most important. it's amazing how much this world opens up and becomes more alive when you realize how to do it. :eek:

:heart:

:lol: You guys. My brother is a great dad.

Yea, don't be so hard on him, it was simply an act of desperation during a very trying trial. I def don't agree with threatening to abandon your kid every time they do something wrong, but I can understand how we sometimes get so fed up and crazy that we do make mistakes. I have a 2 year old that can't be punished, seriously. He laughs when I slap his bum or hands, he sings songs or just continually gets up when I put him on time out, he doesn't understand or care when I try to sit him down and tell him what he did was wrong or made Mommy very sad, if we take a toy away, he's mad for about 5 secs, then moves onto something else, I've been at my wits end with him already, and we haven't even hit potty training, and while I never plan to tell my kids I'm going to get rid of them, I can understand where someone can be completely out of all ideas but that.

Yea, don't be so hard on him, it was simply an act of desperation during a very trying trial. I def don't agree with threatening to abandon your kid every time they do something wrong, but I can understand how we sometimes get so fed up and crazy that we do make mistakes. I have a 2 year old that can't be punished, seriously. He laughs when I slap his bum or hands, he sings songs or just continually gets up when I put him on time out, he doesn't understand or care when I try to sit him down and tell him what he did was wrong or made Mommy very sad, if we take a toy away, he's mad for about 5 secs, then moves onto something else, I've been at my wits end with him already, and we haven't even hit potty training, and while I never plan to tell my kids I'm going to get rid of them, I can understand where someone can be completely out of all ideas but that.

So, your saying we'll be seeing you all on Nanny 911 sometime soon?

quit throwing shoes at the fish! i never said it worked on FISH. worms and crickets and spinners, duh.

beer cans don't work either. i felt i had to let you know that too.

See, now when I throw shoes at the spinners, they get all upset and throw knives back.

Never piss off a spinner.

this is exactly why i said i don't judge. :) who am i to judge someone else based on one example i've been given/seen/heard/etc? where do i have the right to say it's wrong when i make mistakes too? mistakes are crucial for a learning opportunity. i make my share. i can have an opinion, but that does not give me the right to assume that it's fair criteria to hold someone else to. bottom line...you never know someone else's situation. it's incredibly easy to sit back and assume and judge and then criticize. but that's just too easy..and it's probably wrong.
i personally can't imagine having a two-year-old that responds to nothing. i can't imagine!! i also can't imagine having a child who refuses to potty train, and for two years! therefore, i do not know how i would respond after constant tests, and therefore i can't assume that i know the best way to respond to such tribulations. even if i did think of a "better" way, it doesn't mean it'd be the best for someone else. :heart:

this is exactly why i said i don't judge. :) who am i to judge someone else based on one example i've been given/seen/heard/etc? where do i have the right to say it's wrong when i make mistakes too? mistakes are crucial for a learning opportunity. i make my share. i can have an opinion, but that does not give me the right to assume that it's fair criteria to hold someone else to. bottom line...you never know someone else's situation. it's incredibly easy to sit back and assume and judge and then criticize. but that's just too easy..and it's probably wrong.
i personally can't imagine having a two-year-old that responds to nothing. i can't imagine!! i also can't imagine having a child who refuses to potty train, and for two years! therefore, i do not know how i would respond after constant tests, and therefore i can't assume that i know the best way to respond to such tribulations. even if i did think of a "better" way, it doesn't mean it'd be the best for someone else. :heart:

I bet I could get you too judge. Picture this, you in a judge robe, me in a sexy lawyer outfit, obviously being held in contempt of the court :drool:.

Also, luckily, my 2 year old is inherently good, he doesn't cause problems throwing tantrums just cause, but he has his moments, most of them involve beating his younger brother or refusing to eat anything healthy.

I bet I could get you too judge. Picture this, you in a judge robe, me in a sexy lawyer outfit, obviously being held in contempt of the court :drool:.

don't. even. TEASE ME LIKE THAT.

see? i've made a mistake. i say i don't judge, when clearly i would judge at the drop of some money on a plane ticket.

man kiwi. that was waaaay too much tease for a monday morning. let me move the hair back from my face.

our baby has been soooooo good that I'm nervous about toddlerhood.

You might just be lucky all the way. Ethan was quiet and slept all night right after birth, his toddlerhood was mellow and easy and now he's 6 and still sweet as can be. He never went through a rough patch. There could a cataclysmic explosion when he turns 14 or 15, but I doubt it. His personality is just very laid back and loving.

don't. even. TEASE ME LIKE THAT.

see? i've made a mistake. i say i don't judge, when clearly i would judge at the drop of some money on a plane ticket.

man kiwi. that was waaaay too much tease for a monday morning. let me move the hair back from my face.

:fly: I do what I can.

On another note, I finally kind of feel better this morning, so I'm not just a grumpy tired sick person.

You might just be lucky all the way. Ethan was quiet and slept all night right after birth, his toddlerhood was mellow and easy and now he's 6 and still sweet as can be. He never went through a rough patch. There could a cataclysmic explosion when he turns 14 or 15, but I doubt it. His personality is just very laid back and loving.

we have described him as "laid back and happy" many times. let's hope you're right. we have been lucky. he's a really, really good boy. doesn't cry just to be crying. if he's crying he's either wet, has gas, hungry, or tired.