So, you're ALMOST there. ALWAYS there to help...

Bubbles said:
Dude, she's Mormon. Let her have her fantasies. ;)
No no but I see her point, a girls self image and idea of beauty is formed at a very young age. We have our moms, our dolls, barbies and tv to forge into our tiny little heads exactly what beautiful is. If we grow up seeing scantily clad tammy faye makeup types with big boobs, fake hair and dim personalities, we're going to assume that those things are beautiful. Now if I want my daughter to prize more internal characteristics then I have to teach her that. I think more parents should censor their children's input until such time we feel their values and priorities are solid enough that they can experience the world and make their own judgements. Children aren't adults, we have to teach them how to be adults, not let tv and marketing companies do it for us.

zengirl said:
No no but I see her point, a girls self image and idea of beauty is formed at a very young age. We have our moms, our dolls, barbies and tv to forge into our tiny little heads exactly what beautiful is. If we grow up seeing scantily clad tammy faye makeup types with big boobs, fake hair and dim personalities, we're going to assume that those things are beautiful. Now if I want my daughter to prize more internal characteristics then I have to teach her that. I think more parents should censor their children's input until such time we feel their values and priorities are solid enough that they can experience the world and make their own judgements. Children aren't adults, we have to teach them how to be adults, not let tv and marketing companies do it for us.

Ya true. :shiny object:

zengirl said:

Thank you zengirl, that is very much how I feel. :heart:

April23 said:
Let your child watch MTV!!!!!!!

I wasn't allowed to until I moved out the first time. :(
I wasn't allowed to watch tv at all unless an adult was watching with me, and even then, it was only an hour or two after dinner time.

zengirl said:

I know, I know. I just like to poke fun at the faithful. :p

April23 said:
Let your child watch MTV!!!!!!!

I wasn't allowed to until I moved out the first time. :(

Sorry, not going to happen. It's my home and I will censor what I want in it and not in it. I never watched MTV growing up and I turned out fine.

kiwi said:
Sorry, not going to happen. It's my home and I will censor what I want in it and not in it. I never watched MTV growing up and I turned out fine.
I didn't watch it, not because my parents wouldn't let me, but because we didn't get cable :fly:

My parents didn't really care what I watched/read/listened to, and I turned out PERFECTLY fine

:shady:

kiwi said:

Depends on your definition of fine. kekeks

kiwi said:

I'm more concerned about;

"Dad, can I play Quake 5?"

"No son, it's too violent for you."

"BUT YOU'RE PLAYING IT DAD!!!"

:eek: