Ontopic So yeah, I had heart surgery

when you consider they were able to dig into the exact center of my skull and remove a golfball sized mass through a hole about 1/4 of an inch across, yeah, I'd say we're making progress.

I coulda did that wit my good knife and 5 minutes.

Damn straight, the Hubs is a rockstar :heart:

From the perspective from across the room, he's doing great. His sense of humor is all there, sharp as a tack, and it's taken a little while longer for recovery due to the full extent of getting two major surgeries for the price of one. Migraines are the biggest hurdle right now, but from doing some research they're not completely uncommon.

And neither are the other two things that he *neglected* to mention, being:

1. After 3 days in the ICU, under sedation and restraint, he ripped out his damn breathing tube. That was how I knew he'd be just fine, because he continued to be such a pain in the ass.

2. Someone likes to get a bit chippy, and it sends his heart rate through the roof and into A-fib. Especially while dreaming (oh, tell them that one Honey). Thankfully, due to beta blockers and a wife that wrote "CALM YO TITS" on plan board in his hospital room, he's made it out of the red zone. Up to 30% of cardiac surgery patients experience bouts of A-fib, and it's controlled with a 3-step plan of 1. tit-calming, 2. beta-blocker bolus, and 3- Hospital visit and surveillance. Thankfully since he's been release we haven't had to go beyond step one.

Honestly, at this point, he's doing better than me. Sleeping more, eating better, and relaxing just fine. Fucker :lol:

Damn straight, the Hubs is a rockstar :heart:

From the perspective from across the room, he's doing great. His sense of humor is all there, sharp as a tack, and it's taken a little while longer for recovery due to the full extent of getting two major surgeries for the price of one. Migraines are the biggest hurdle right now, but from doing some research they're not completely uncommon.

And neither are the other two things that he *neglected* to mention, being:

1. After 3 days in the ICU, under sedation and restraint, he ripped out his damn breathing tube. That was how I knew he'd be just fine, because he continued to be such a pain in the ass.

2. Someone likes to get a bit chippy, and it sends his heart rate through the roof and into A-fib. Especially while dreaming (oh, tell them that one Honey). Thankfully, due to beta blockers and a wife that wrote "CALM YO TITS" on plan board in his hospital room, he's made it out of the red zone. Up to 30% of cardiac surgery patients experience bouts of A-fib, and it's controlled with a 3-step plan of 1. tit-calming, 2. beta-blocker bolus, and 3- Hospital visit and surveillance. Thankfully since he's been release we haven't had to go beyond step one.

Honestly, at this point, he's doing better than me. Sleeping more, eating better, and relaxing just fine. Fucker :lol:

How are you holding up? As hard as it is on the patient, it's pretty tough on their partner as well, believe me, I know what it's like.

has the line finally gotten short enough?

ya, i'm in the front yard now

ipKak.png

How are you holding up? As hard as it is on the patient, it's pretty tough on their partner as well, believe me, I know what it's like.

Thanks for asking hon :) I appreciate it.

The 10 day hospital getaway was very rough. My brain is still in defense mechanism mode, but when I get snippets of the bad moments back in my mind (like the entire ICU stay, his awful Dilauded drug stupor, then the 10 on the pain scale thanks to his asshole nurse that one day, etc) I get back to almost a panic-attack mode. All in all though, it's getting better every day we wake up together and I can see his recovery progress.

Life can seriously take a time-out in the corner or go fuck itself though. Work, family, home, etc expectations of me are extremely high right now, and I've had, um, interesting meltdowns over things such as socks, dropping leftovers on the ground, yeah. I feel like I've been thrust into a large spotlight and have to perform spot-on with everything or else I fail and feel like because I fail even so minorly with things that I don't deserve to have an amazing husband who is doing just fine with his recovery. It's what I'd imagine post-partum anxiety would be like if we had a babby.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
oh yeah, the dream episode.

I was asleep during my third bout of A-fib so they started treating it without waking me up I woke up in the middle of it with no idea who the doctors and nurses were, but thinking I was a bio soldier and they were taking my organs to build more bio soldiers. Took me few minutes to figure shit out. Doctor got a kick out of that one. :lol:

The 10 day hospital getaway was very rough. My brain is still in defense mechanism mode, but when I get snippets of the bad moments back in my mind (like the entire ICU stay, his awful Dilauded drug stupor, then the 10 on the pain scale thanks to his asshole nurse that one day, etc) I get back to almost a panic-attack mode. All in all though, it's getting better every day we wake up together and I can see his recovery progress.

Life can seriously take a time-out in the corner or go fuck itself though. Work, family, home, etc expectations of me are extremely high right now, and I've had, um, interesting meltdowns over things such as socks, dropping leftovers on the ground, yeah. I feel like I've been thrust into a large spotlight and have to perform spot-on with everything or else I fail and feel like because I fail even so minorly with things that I don't deserve to have an amazing husband who is doing just fine with his recovery. It's what I'd imagine post-partum anxiety would be like if we had a babby.

:heart::heart::heart: for both of you.

Make sure you deal with all those feeling now though, I didn't, and ended up have a major meltdown a couple months afterwards... I just sucked it all up at the time, had to take care of the wife and kid, and major projects at work - it fucking burned me out big time.

It's an amazing feeling when you look back on it all though, it just seems like a bad dream, but it has an amazingly strong positive effect on your relationship :)