So... why do i NEED dual core?

So I know this isnt really on the same topic but I figured this is the closest thread to ask the question in...

I might be able to get a dell xps machine for 500 bucks and wanted to know if that would be worth it, here are the specs...

Intel P4 3.0 GHZ Processor (Overclockable)
2GB DDR SDRAM @400MHz
512 MB ATI Radeon X1300 AGP Video Card (DVI, S-Video, VGA output)
10/100 Intergrated LAN
200GB ATA HD (7200 RPM)
3.5" Floppy
16X DVD-Rom
DVD-R/RW CD-R/RW (don't remember speeds but its only a few months old)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card (comes w/remote and front panel which adds several inputs/outputs)
Windows XP Pro
Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Oh that has nothing to do with marriage necessarily, I've just always thought the whole two chicks thing was ultra-hot.

Been there, done that, got the shirt....

26246cdde359ae1a.jpg

So I know this isnt really on the same topic but I figured this is the closest thread to ask the question in...

I might be able to get a dell xps machine for 500 bucks and wanted to know if that would be worth it, here are the specs...

2GB DDR SDRAM @400MHz
10/100 Intergrated LAN
200GB ATA HD (7200 RPM)
3.5" Floppy
16X DVD-Rom
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card (comes w/remote and front panel which adds several inputs/outputs)
Windows XP Pro

no wai

2GB DDR SDRAM @400MHz
10/100 Intergrated LAN
200GB ATA HD (7200 RPM)
3.5" Floppy
16X DVD-Rom
Windows XP Pro

:thrawn: five bones?

fell off a truck?

Maybe it's just me but that PC doesn't sound too spectacular. AGP graphics, ATA hard drive, the CPU is nothing to get excited about, the memory is probably low end. I'd guess this is in the dimension series which means some parts are already refurbished.

Don't get me wrong, it is a fine machine for 500 bucks but I think it's priced about what it would be worth.

The guy bought it and thought he would have enough money to get his books for school too. Turns out he didnt have enough to cover his books and now he is in a tight spot.

Maybe it's just me but that PC doesn't sound too spectacular. AGP graphics, ATA hard drive, the CPU is nothing to get excited about, the memory is probably low end. I'd guess this is in the dimension series which means some parts are already refurbished.

Don't get me wrong, it is a fine machine for 500 bucks but I think it's priced about what it would be worth.

If I went to dell and bought the same parts would it be much more than the 500? Should I wait or jump to get this off his hands?

ok, cool after talking to the Fly man I think its a good idea to get this comp. Now I just gotta pull the other 250 outta my ass before someone else grabs it.

Great, now every time I take cash out of circulation I have to wonder whether it was ever in Brad's ass. As if I don't have enough problems.

Nice! its a done deal as long as he doesnt sell it this weekend, which he will be in miami so its a very slim possibility, I will have myself a new good comp on Monday!