So... why do i NEED dual core?

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
with the X2's around 50 bucks and the various tweaks needed to get certain games working correctly and the lack of almost everything supporting dual core... why do i need it? Talk me out of feeling the need to upgrade my 2400+ barton.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!

I know a lot of my work applications run faster on dual core. As for home use if you're a pc gamer than you probably will benefit. But if you just download and browse the internet at home then you can get away without it.

Ive yet to even touch Vista. The Air Force is rolling out their beta standard image for vista in a couple weeks. So i'll get to play with it then. Still cant believe theyve adopted it so early.

I love my dual core. All game problems that I have encountered were fixed by simply using the process manager to set the affinity to 1 cpu or the other. After that, everything else seems fine. I can compile code while I browse the web or cut cds, whatever. The multitasking capabilities are great. When I go back to a single core cpu i notice the difference.

I'm really stoked for the multi-tasking capabilities. I was finally allowed to order a replacement computer for myself at work. I went with a 6700, because there was something like a two or three hundred dollar price jump to go with the 6800, and the quad core was insane. Stupid Dell.

The only problem with getting a new computer at work is I'm going to have to get a new one at home also, now. I think that's what I'll do with my Christmas bonus.

I see cpu cores a lot like hot chicks with tits fat and tummy flat. You don't necessarily NEED two, but everything is better if you do.

Here's a great reason although I have not the slightest clue of what you speak. Your wife says: "It's a waste of money!!!"