So who's excited about UFC 100?

Brock over Mir by split decision.

Brock will spend most of the fight laying on Mir and throwing hammerfists.

long time, no see
MonkeyGun.jpg

you guys ever watch like, the first 10 or so UFC's before they had weight classes and before everyone was mixed, but instead only had one discipline?

those were the days when the giant 400lb guys would get taken down by the 200lb guys... they'd simply tire out. fun stuff to watch.

a boxer stepped into the ring with royce gracie, he only wore a boxing glove becuase he didnt want to break his hand on gracie's face. figured he'd block with his other hand, then pound with his boxing hand. royce took him down, no submission or anything, just took him down and the guy tapped almost immediatly becuase as a boxer, he had no idea what to do when he was on the mat.

those super heavyweights have dissapeared and skills have come aloooong ways since then.

you guys ever watch like, the first 10 or so UFC's before they had weight classes and before everyone was mixed, but instead only had one discipline?

those were the days when the giant 400lb guys would get taken down by the 200lb guys... they'd simply tire out. fun stuff to watch.

a boxer stepped into the ring with royce gracie, he only wore a boxing glove becuase he didnt want to break his hand on gracie's face. figured he'd block with his other hand, then pound with his boxing hand. royce took him down, no submission or anything, just took him down and the guy tapped almost immediatly becuase as a boxer, he had no idea what to do when he was on the mat.

those super heavyweights have dissapeared and skills have come aloooong ways since then.

you have a different animal in lesnar being a superstar of college wrastlin' combined with the elephant like strength, speed of a cat, and demoralizing blows he can rain down...he is certainly susceptible to those with better training in submission arts but it's like trying to get a leg lock on an elephant...possible? yes...likely? no

Since you guys know more about this stuff than me, Would a lot of professional wrestling moves be allowed in UFC? I'm not talking about piledrivers. Stuff like powerbombs, suplexes, etc. Things that could do damage if the mat isn't that soft.

Since you guys know more about this stuff than me, Would a lot of professional wrestling moves be allowed in UFC? I'm not talking about piledrivers. Stuff like powerbombs, suplexes, etc. Things that could do damage if the mat isn't that soft.

like this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwKpzKZOpe4&feature=user"]YouTube - Rampage Jackson KO's Ricardo Arona via Power Bomb[/ame]

definitely, but they're a lot harder to pull off

It's only illegal to headbutt, eye gouge, fish hook, groin strike, hit the back of the head, and small joint manipulation (ie fingers). Also no knees or kicks to the head of a downed opponent. I think pretty much anything else is legal.

you have a different animal in lesnar being a superstar of college wrastlin' combined with the elephant like strength, speed of a cat, and demoralizing blows he can rain down...he is certainly susceptible to those with better training in submission arts but it's like trying to get a leg lock on an elephant...possible? yes...likely? no

Brock gets his monster power from the giant cock he has tattooed on his chest.

I'm still waiting on this guy to leave wrestling and hit the MMA scene.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJ3_G_Uitc"]YouTube - StarMan (Heel) version 3.0[/ame]

I use to play the hell out of the wrestling games on NES.

Lesnar's time in the WWE taught him how to take stiff blows and keep coming. It would be cool to see him do a power bomb though.

I doubt you would ever see the Canadian destroyer done though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBpvkPRPc5Q"]YouTube - Running Canadian Destroyer[/ame]

definitely, but they're a lot harder to pull off

Yes and no. If they dive for your feet and you slide back to prevent it, they're already in prime picking up position. Stand up and powerbomb them. If they grab on to your legs, then you pile drive them haha

Of course talking about it is always easier than doing it though.

Yes and no. If they dive for your feet and you slide back to prevent it, they're already in prime picking up position. Stand up and powerbomb them. If they grab on to your legs, then you pile drive them haha

Of course talking about it is always easier than doing it though.

You see the powerbomb alot. Especially when someone on bottom attempts a choke or an arm bar and the other person just stands up and takes them along.