So, who watched Lost last night?

long tall smiley said:
I can imagine that planning meeting:

"Yeah (actore who plays hurley), you're either gonna have to start losing some weight soon or we're gonna have to off you."

Liposuction ++

BigDov said:
So is this show worth watching? From what you guys are saying, it actually sounds pretty cool.....

Very.

Go to Mexico and see if anyone there taped it for you.

BigDov said:
Sweet, I'll have to see if my Hispanic brethren are keeping up on it :D

They're nice guys. I missed the first 2 episodes, and they had it for me.

Mondoz said:
I love the pace they're taking with that aspect.
The flashback character development is great... I hate those disaster shows where they take half the show to develop the characters, then drop the nuke, smash the city with an asteroid, or whatever peril is to befall them.

Dropping us in the middle of all this without knowing a thing about them is really cool...

By the time we know everyone's back story, and they go full throttle into the monsters, transmissions, and the reason the plane went down in the first place - it's gonna be brilliant. (Or it better be... Damn you Abrams! IT BETTER BE!)
The overall story telling so far has been topnotch in my opinion. The plot is great, of course, but the characters and the backstories are what set this apart from some of the shitty movies and series you see on TV today.

I really like how, with each episode, they raise more questions then what they've answered from the previous episodes.

long tall smiley said:
The overall story telling so far has been topnotch in my opinion. The plot is great, of course, but the characters and the backstories are what set this apart from some of the shitty movies and series you see on TV today.

I really like how, with each episode, they raise more questions then what they've answered from the previous episodes.

Locke's episode has been one of the better episodes of anything I've seen in a very long time.

Abrams did Alias before this, and one or two of those episodes were just as mindblowing...
He is my TV God.

long tall smiley said:
I had to download episode 3 because of the playoffs.

Damn playoffs.

That was actually the first episode I watched.
It got me hooked enough to run south of the border.

Mondoz said:
Locke's episode has been one of the better episodes of anything I've seen in a very long time.

Abrams did Alias before this, and one or two of those episodes were just as mindblowing...
He is my TV God.
spoiler...

I watched Alias for awhile during the first season or so and enjoyed it. My wife predicted his paralysis almost right away in Locke's episode. You really feel for the guy, and it was sad when they all thought he was dead.

long tall smiley said:
spoiler...

I watched Alias for awhile during the first season or so and enjoyed it. My wife predicted his paralysis almost right away in Locke's episode. You really feel for the guy, and it was sad when they all thought he was dead.

I loved all the misdirection in that one.. The millitary aspect, the "Helen" bit.. I love it!

Mondoz said:
I loved all the misdirection in that one.. The millitary aspect, the "Helen" bit.. I love it!
I could tell right away that he was some cube monkey when he was talking on the phone with his friend. That Helen thing through me, though. Locke is living it up right now. This is the kind of thing a guy like him looks forward to his entire life, especially now that he can walk again.

long tall smiley said:
I could tell right away that he was some cube monkey when he was talking on the phone with his friend. That Helen thing through me, though. Locke is living it up right now. This is the kind of thing a guy like him looks forward to his entire life, especially now that he can walk again.

I loved the knives...

"Who is this dude?"

Edit: And why can he walk again? Because of the island? Was the condition psychosomatic? Did the crash bump his head and undo the damage?
What caused it in the first place?
Is he crazy? He called the other girl "Helen", so I don't think he brought all his marbles on the plane...

Mondoz said:
I loved the knives...

"Who is this dude?"
When I saw the previews with him and that case I was like, "WTF, is this guy some special forces super commando dude?"

While I enjoyed what it showed about Jack's character and outlook on their situation, I wish for my sake that he would have pushed Kate into telling him what she was wanted for.

I'm thinking hot naked sex crimes.

long tall smiley said:
When I saw the previews with him and that case I was like, "WTF, is this guy some special forces super commando dude?"

While I enjoyed what it showed about Jack's character and outlook on their situation, I wish for my sake that he would have pushed Kate into telling him what she was wanted for.

I'm thinking hot naked sex crimes.

That looks like next week's episode.

Mondoz said:
Edit: And why can he walk again? Because of the island? Was the condition psychosomatic? Did the crash bump his head and undo the damage?
What caused it in the first place?
Is he crazy? He called the other girl "Helen", so I don't think he brought all his marbles on the plane...
I think he called her Helen because he was coming out of a flashback. And I would like to think that the crash "fixed" what was wrong with his spine, miraculously. I don't think it has anything to do directly with what is on the island.