So...what's up with Baby Boomers?

Desslock said:
We had this video jukebox on our cable system back then. You call in put in the number for the video you wanted to see and they charged it to your phone bill. The video for that damn song got requested so much. It would literally be repeated three or four times in a half hour period.
Bunny and Tigra were hot though.:drool:

I remeber that. they made a fortune on that

and tigra and bunny were some miami hotties.

ltrimm2.jpg

the baby boomers are very symbolic and representatory, beginning with their conceptions. they were the result of the end of a war, and they have defined many decades, like you have stated. they also are a big chunk of the economy right now, and they are affecting the sales and advertising very heavily. i have a feeling we're going to be hearing/seeing a lot of them for a long while.

Thorn Bird said:
the baby boomers are very symbolic and representatory, beginning with their conceptions. they were the result of the end of a war, and they have defined many decades, like you have stated. they also are a big chunk of the economy right now, and they are affecting the sales and advertising very heavily. i have a feeling we're going to be hearing/seeing a lot of them for a long while.
Well for another 20 years or so, cuz by then they'll mostly have died off.

Sarcasmo said:
Did you ever buy that 20-CD or so 80s music set back in the 90s? They used to sell it on t.v. all the time. My friend bought one and we used to rock out to that crap playing pool in our dorm until 4 a.m. Many hours worth of chubby nostalgiac tunage.
I love 80s music :heart:

Thorn Bird said:
exactly. but by then, WE'LL be old.

Exactly. They'll be fine but we'll be fucked. Their generation for the most part was able to stay at a company for say 15-20 years. Most of us will probably work at 3-4 companies in our career before we retire and then on top of that we are going to pay more for Social Security and never see it. Its really forceing people to depend on the stock market since everything else has 'freezes' and such added to it. Not to meantion Im willing to bet that before we retire the idea of employee based healthcare plans will go away as more and more companies end up like GM and have too many people to provide for.

Ryokurin said:
Exactly. They'll be fine but we'll be fucked. Their generation for the most part was able to stay at a company for say 15-20 years. Most of us will probably work at 3-4 companies in our career before we retire and then on top of that we are going to pay more for Social Security and never see it. Its really forceing people to depend on the stock market since everything else has 'freezes' and such added to it. Not to meantion Im willing to bet that before we retire the idea of employee based healthcare plans will go away as more and more companies end up like GM and have too many people to provide for.

it's these thoughts that make me wanna curl up in my bed and never leave. how frightening.

Ryokurin said:
Yar, I work with people who've been with the company for 30+ years :eek:, I figured I'd never make it past 3 but here I am at 8 and there are a large number of people a little older than me with about the same number of years.

Of course I think my company may actually care about the employees, as I also get a pension. I'm not too worried about not getting anything back from SS, completely pissed off yes, but not worried.