So...what's up with Baby Boomers?

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
There's new commercial out, for financial planning or investment, which has some gray haired hippy-idiot standing there playing a guitar and it says "The Baby Boomers are turning 60, the end of an era?" then it says "Or just the next step" or something like that.

The commercial made me curious as to what makes the Baby Boomers so freaking special? They did drugs and whined and moaned about everything in the 60's, did a lot of drugs and disco in the 70's, did more drugs and electro in the 80's, and are now on their way to being geriatric. Uh....so what? Everytime I hear about them they're going on about "ROCK AND ROLL OR DIE" (soon my steadily aging friends, soon) or they're pissing and moaning about how all of the younger generations are lazy idiots. I also blame them for the plethora of ED medications and annoying commercials that currently overwhelm television.

So if any of you out there can fill me in; please tell me why they think they deserve such respect?

It's just that they are a well defined generation. Wait long enough and Gen X will have their commercials too. Or was that the Mountain Dew commercials? Those seem more Gen Y.

They are by far the largest generation and therefore drasticly effect our economy.

They are the reason that Social Security is going broke. Well, them and politicians...

i thought this thread was going to be about baby bloomers and got all excited. i was sorely dissappointed.

Baby boomers represent an ideal, an era, a culture, etc. Born of the "Greatest Generation" to take the reigns of the "Greatest Nation", they are responsible for much of the dignity and wealth that we all enjoy today as Americans. Despite all the drugs, the Vietnam War cultural clashes, the beatnik movement, and everything else that makes you hate them.

Desslock said:
Yeah I know. I hated it. I was just quoting another song with boom in it.
How can you hate Tigra and Bunny?

I have that on one of my 80's compilation CD's... along with the Flying Lizzards "Money"

zengirl said:

I have that on one of my 80's compilation CD's... along with the Flying Lizzards "Money"

Did you ever buy that 20-CD or so 80s music set back in the 90s? They used to sell it on t.v. all the time. My friend bought one and we used to rock out to that crap playing pool in our dorm until 4 a.m. Many hours worth of chubby nostalgiac tunage.

zengirl said:

We had this video jukebox on our cable system back then. You call in put in the number for the video you wanted to see and they charged it to your phone bill. The video for that damn song got requested so much. It would literally be repeated three or four times in a half hour period.
Bunny and Tigra were hot though.:drool:

Sarcasmo said:
Did you ever buy that 20-CD 80s archive back in the 90s? They used to sell it on t.v. all the time. My friend bought one and we used to rock out to that crap playing pool in our dorm until 4 a.m. Many hours worth of chubby nostalgiac tunage.
I worked at K-Mart in the electronics section. I stocked the CD's and tapes, so whenever new stuff came in I'd buy it before it went onto the shelves :lol: That stuff was so bad they never sent more than 1 or 2 copies.

Desslock said:
We had this video jukebox on our cable system back then. You call in put in the number for the video you wanted to see and they charged it to your phone bill. The video for that damn song got requested so much. It would literally be repeated three or four times in a half hour period.
Bunny and Tigra were hot though.:drool:
:lol: I had honestly never heard the song before I bought the CD in the 90's.