So whats the range on wireless?

:lol:

unfortunately, none of my neighbors have wireless.... well, wireless that i can see, anyway.

although i did go to circuit city with a laptop (taking it in for repairs) and when we fired it up in the parking lot, we found 6 open networks :cool:

i lock mine down VIA mac address..

only my machines can connect. Other then that there are 3 other networks in my area, 2 secure and 1 unsecure netgear system i can use for testing out my firewall and whatnot

pa said:

only my machines can connect. Other then that there are 3 other networks in my area, 2 secure and 1 unsecure netgear system i can use for testing out my firewall and whatnot
i *should* do this, but frankly... im too lazy to get the MAC addys

Well, I'm posting this from some random persons accesspoint across the street from where I'm parked. I needed a driver for someones computer I fixing as a favor and they don't have internet at the moment so I just drove around their neighborhood until I found an open access point with decent speed.

LOL..fun with wireless..i have an SMC Elite Connect card with an external omni directional antennae...a year ago when i first *cough* *cough* moved in *cough* *cough* with Sarah there were 4-10 networks appearing...then for about 2 months i set up on channel 6 to capture all packets via linux and ended up with Kismet finding 68 networks....of which 46 were unsecure and 30 were onchannel 6 (most of which were secure, which is why i wanted to capture those in hopes of cracking their password :) )LOL...too bad my computer ran out of harddrive space and corrupted the data file. :( Now i have to start it over and monitor it more than once in 2 months. LOL

I've heard it's a good idea participating in torrents via the other wireless to keep your network fast and speedy. :) But i don't know if that realy works or not. :fly:

pa said:

MACs are easy to sniff too, sir...